Post your dog pics!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is Meg, my groundhog kill'in machine. This was our last attempt at GH extermination. I was tearing down an old shed that recently had some groundhog activity going on under it. I decided to cut a hole in the floor to get a better look at his tunnel and Meg was there hoping he made an appearance. I may have buried this one alive with the hose though. We never did see him and all activity ceased after the flood.

meg.jpg

This My 9 month old Tucker, he can't wait for duck season

Attachments

• IMG_0079.jpg
    IMG_0079.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 843
Tonka (chocolate) is 6 yrs old and Toby is 3.

Attachments

• dogs1.jpg
    dogs1.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 835
Two cats. The big boy is Batman (7 years). The padded benches that the remotes were on ended up being his favorite perch one day and wen ended up snapping the picture.

He shares the house with Sammy the now 16 year old female cat that we had for a couple of years before we adopted him. They both enjoyed lounging in on the floor front of the insert in the old house.

Attachments

• batman.jpg
    batman.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 832
  • both floor.jpg
    both floor.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 821
Here's Finn, my English Springer Spaniel:

IMGP1080.png

100_3275.png

He's a big fan of snow.

mrurbplanner said:
Two cats. The big boy is Batman (7 years). The padded benches that the remotes were on ended up being his favorite perch one day and wen ended up snapping the picture.

That's a funny shot. He's got a look like, "Try to change that channel and your face is shredded wheat." :)

Attachments

• pc.jpg
    pc.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 684
  • pp.jpg
    pp.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 689
  • pl.jpg
    pl.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 680
  • pl2.jpg
    pl2.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 678
  • pt2.jpg
    pt2.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 667
Here are some pics of our sorely missed pal, Rudy. This pic was one month before he passed.
And our new Black Lab Nellie, she is a pistol!

Attachments

• 100_0193.jpg
    100_0193.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 671
  • 100_0722.jpg
    100_0722.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 670
  • 101_0102.jpg
    101_0102.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 651
Sadly, I had to put my little English Setter down last month. We're still recovering from it.

Here's a few shots of her anyway.

This is Keisha with my cat Cody. As Cody got bigger, he would sleep on her bed and not let her on it. Now I think Cody misses her. No one to pick on.

KeishaAndCody.jpg

Here's Keisha and her "Evil Twin" - about half a pound of winter hair that we raked off her and out of the carpet.

KeishaAndHerEvilTwin.jpg

She was 14 when she had to go. That's the only thing that really sucks about owning a dog. We miss her terribly.

:-S

Battenkiller,

They are hard times when they have to leave us. My "Buddy" has been gone for 5 years now and I miss him dearly! He was 13 when his time came. His hips quit on him. I hate to say it but it doesn't get any easier with time! My wife and son can have dogs, But I will have a very hard time letting another one get that close.

Sorry for your loss.

Attachments

• Buddy forum.jpg
    Buddy forum.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 696
Here is Bamboo multi-tasking. He's helping the future wood stacker learn to crawl and making sure the toy is close just incase it's needed.

IMG_0536-1.jpg

Matt

this is Hailey by her favorite tree she dug out the trunk and lays in there

Attachments

• P1010117.jpg
    P1010117.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 692
Here is Max at our house upstate

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 668
Webmaster said:
I always have more Dog pics...

Boy does she look like granddad... The baby girl that is, not the cavalier :).

Nothing is harder than bidding adieu to a treasured friend. I have an image of the husband walking dejectedly toward the house carrying Sally's collar in his hand. She had collapsed in the dooryard and couldn't get up. We put her on her bed and put the bed in the car... . He cradled her as she went to sleep for the last ime. 13 yrs. can pass so quickly.

But after some time we realized that a certain sort of presence was missing from the household. And that was cured by a trip to the ASPCA. Animals are the visible soul of a home. Small wonder that the elderly die so soon after surrendering cherished pets and entering "long term care". They die from lonliness and broken hearts, I think.

Bobbin said:
Nothing is harder than bidding adieu to a treasured friend. I have an image of the husband walking dejectedly toward the house carrying Sally's collar in his hand. She had collapsed in the dooryard and couldn't get up. We put her on her bed and put the bed in the car... . He cradled her as she went to sleep for the last ime. 13 yrs. can pass so quickly.

But after some time we realized that a certain sort of presence was missing from the household. And that was cured by a trip to the ASPCA. Animals are the visible soul of a home. Small wonder that the elderly die so soon after surrendering cherished pets and entering "long term care". They die from lonliness and broken hearts, I think.

You gonna make me cry in front all the guys!

I dread the day when we lose Jesse James.

Jaugust124 said:
These little guys are Oreo (mini poodle) and Max (beagle) both rescues.

The next little guy is Oliver, also a beagle. We just got him about 10 days ago. He, along with about 120 other beagles were rescued from a cosmetics research lab in NJ. The story goes that although they were not abused with any harsh chemicals, supposedly they had been in cages there whole lives (he's 3 years old), had never seen the sun or stepped foot on grass. A very sad story, but he is doing remarkably well.

sorry no pictures handy today but was flipping through and found this thread. I have a medical rescue beagle as well, yours will do fine but it may take time. My ally had pads softer than velvet, was cold all the time, couldn't pry her tail from between her legs, and was afraid of the dark! now she is the all weather, all terrain, scourge of the rabbit population in NJ and doesn't even stop wagging in her sleep. you are probably going to have trouble with the housebreaking since all they know is to sh=t where they sleep, but stick with it. we found crate training (which worked great for all our other dogs over the years) was the absolute worst thing possible (poo everywhere, non stop baying, etc) just took us dumb humans too long to figure out. I guess she got out of the cage and wasn't going back in! It took a solid year + of wee wee pads slowly moving closer to the back door but now she is good to go all day and asks at the door when she needs to go. She tracks all day and goes toe to toe with our 65 lb shepherd mix in the yard. good luck!

Flatbedford said:
Bobbin said:

You gonna make me cry in front all the guys!

I dread the day when we lose Jesse James.

ugghhh Im with you, its going to be hard. I just got back from vacation and we missed our dog everyday. We vowed the next trip we take will only be to a dog friendly vacation house.

Hey hey hey this thread was about cheering people up not making them sad about losing their best freind.

I think the last time I posted pictures of Hank here he was no more than 3 months old! Here's one of him at his favorite place in the whole world-Round Valley Reservoir:

Picture035.jpg

Haven't had a dog in years, though I sure love them. Our last fellow would be impossible to replace. I was there when he was born and there at the end. Still miss him a lot. Now we have a great cat with a great personality and a purr you can hear across the room. Here's his highness enjoying the fire side warmth.

Attachments

• April09-003_web.jpg
    April09-003_web.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 601
Status
Not open for further replies.