Post your dog pics!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a brindle cairn terrier--same kind of dog that Dorothy had on Wizard of Oz. My daughter named him
Raindrop. He is the most cat-like dog that I've ever owned, and probably the first and last small dog that I'll
ever own. But he does have personality.

Attachments

• gedc0130.jpg
    gedc0130.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 526
Backwoods Savage said:

Whats the dogs name, my wife had some ideas, Chipper, Log Dog, Woody, Tree Bark.

quote author="estang" date="1284733130"]This is Carmel, By the number of paws off the bed we have dertermined how hot the fire is , 2 paws off is 500 degrees. Why is a wood stove a magnet for cats??[/quote]

Cats love heat the hotter the better, mine sleeps on the pellet stove and the other sleeps across from it. she makes it look so

good almost want to push her off and go up there and take a nap myself

Attachments

• izzy.jpg
    izzy.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 513
BXpellet said:
Backwoods Savage said:

Cute dog hope she doesn't get to close to the stove!!

I thought all dogs slept under or beside the stove?!

Not sure what name is appropriate but suggestions are nice. lol

btw, we found these on a trip in upstate NY. They had some deer too but just stuck branches in for antlers. We thought the dogs were cute so I may have to make one or two this winter.

Woody!

How about Knotty?

Dogwood?

He's not a dog but as fun and devoted to me as any dog I've ever had, and a lot more responsibility. Its like having a flying 2 year old, and he can live 50 to 80 years.

Attachments

• IMG_2095.jpg
    IMG_2095.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 593
He's GORGEOUS. We had a cockatiel for 17 yrs. and anyone who thinks "bird brain" is the tantamount to "stupid" has never lived with a bird!!

We never clipped Larry's wings (we have cats) and I still miss the rush of air that foretold his landing on my head or shoulder. ;) I was at a friend's home and their bird flew to me and they remarked that I didn't flinch at all, lol.

Birds are very, VERY cool. How old is your Macaw and how long have you had him? (I see he's clipped).

No he's not clipped. Look at the ends of his wings. All of his primary flight feathers are there. He is fully flighted and he always has to be on my shoulder or head He has a 45 inch wingspan. His name is "Dino" for the first 4 letters of dinosaur. Birds are descendants of dinosaurs. He is 5 1/2 years old. They say large parrots have the intelligence of 3 to 5 year olds. Its amazing. Much smarter than a dog. Not putting down dogs as I have had my share but a large parrots intelligence is on a higher level.

Attachments

• IMG_0295.jpg
    IMG_0295.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 600
We had one when I was much, much younger than now. Named him Robert. We were told that he was trained with whiskey. Smart bird, but he died at about 30 yrs. of age. Mom got another, after I moved away, and that one didn't live a long life either. I think she fed them too much "human" food.

Does any one have a Siberian husky? I have been looking to get one.

On a cockatiel the flight feathers are longer, when I looked at the shot of your 'caw I immediately thought the feathers at the tips of the wings would be longer than they are in your pictures of Dino.

I just read something in National Geographic about dinosaurs and birds, although I"ve been "hip" to that theory for years how. I was sad to note that Alex, the reknowned African Grey, had recently died. His last words to his beloved "keeper" spoke volumes for the intelligence and ability to understand these amazing creature carry inside themselves. No wonder there are groups of people willing to take parrots who've lost their "humans"! we seriously underestimate their intelligence and how affected they are by the loss of their "human" companion. When you have a pet that may outlive you you have to make provisions for its continued care!

Would that more humans were as capable of communicating as birds are!

Molly (3) is the big brownish American Foxhound and Maggie (2)is a Cattle/mix. Both are rescues, but some &^%@(*$wad beat the snot out of Maggie b/f we got her. She just shivered and shook with fear for a few months while getting used to letting us love her. Now she's my shadow, and sleeps on our bed with her head on the pillow like a person. They are soooo awesome.

Attachments

• pups.jpg
    pups.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 536
I LOVE parrots! I used to work in a pet store and we sold hand-fed baby parrots that we raised ourselves. The senior staff were in charge of one or two babies each season that were theirs to raise. This is Bandicoot, the first baby I raised:

Photo11.jpg

He's riding on an 85 pound African Sulcutta Tortoise one of my regulars brought in to show me. I couldn't resist. =P

This is Annie. She was my first dog. My mom got her for me when I was eight. She died just this last May, after a very long and happy life of fourteen years. I can't wait to get a Golden Retriever for my daughter when she's old enough!
doggie002.jpg

She's buried between the fig trees in the backyard. She loved to eat figs right off the tree. I still haven't been able to bring myself to watch Homeward Bound since she died.

This is Sasha's, Annie's daughter. She was one of only two girls in Annie's first litter. I was holding her when she very first opened her eyes.
0d063594.jpg

I took her to the Guadalupe River in Texas last August. She's thirteen, and she's still pretty spry for her age, and still loves to swim. Deaf as a post but still as obedient as can be.

This is Molly, a Pit Bull/Black Lab mix I found wandering around my college campus when I was freshman. I saw her two days in a row, begging for food, and I told myself I saw her again, I was bringing her home... so I did! She's a very sweet dog and couldn't be more friendly.
doggie004.jpg

My girls are still back home in Texas with my parents. I miss them terribly- I think I miss them more than my family and my friends there, because I can't talk to my dogs on the phone! One of these days we're going to get the yard here fenced in, and I'll buy a dog. I

These are the two cats I have now. They're pretty good- for cats.
DSCF0063.jpg

Jinx is a very lovely fellow. I heard this terrible yowling outside my window at about 3 AM summer before last, so I ran out to see what it was- and Jinx ran into my house! He has one green eye, and one blue:
DSCF0040-2.jpg

He loves to snuggle (he's purring in my lap and kneading the blanket as I type!) and he is endlessly patient with my kiddo. He's terribly uncoordinated however, and can't walk across straight, narrow surfaces, like say, the back of the couch without falling off spectacularly. The best one was when he was jumping up on the counter where we kept their food bowls, and he overshot and just SAILED over the side.

Nemo is our newest addition. I was feeling lonesome this summer (are we noticing a theme here?) after my stepkids went back home to their mother, and the city shelter had free kittens that were already fixed and had their shots, so I talked my husband into going in "just to look!!" Fortunately he knew me well enough to just go along with it. He wanted an orange tabby, so we played with all the ones we could find, and Nemo was the friendliest. He's incredibly playful and just a laugh a minute to watch. He loves to hide under couches and desks and jump out at you, pounces on those little rattle balls, and he's a huge sucker for leaping into paper bags.

~Rose

I am the one person in the family that dislikes this dog, yet the dog likes me the most. Go figure. She drives me crazy and I could easily live without her....... she stinks, she's gross, she's a pain in the rear. She's a lab, yet she hates - fears water, hates the cold, and can't smell food right under her nose. She walks into walls . I guess I should cut her some slack. She's at my feet from the moment I'm home and if I am out on the wood pile - she's there for the duration. Man's best friend.

Attachments

• family time 011.jpg
    family time 011.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 507
  • swan 006.jpg
    swan 006.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 512
Here's Jesse James posing with my new to me tractor cart.
DSC06276.jpg

My condolences AP . . .

Absolutely awesome pics, well, 'cept for the cat pics :coolmad:

My only concern is the Dude that posted a pic of his dawg and the Dude's in flip flops with painted toe nails!! Yer gonna do some serious damage to the Dog's mental stability :wow:

Anyway, the three of us were up in the snow and fog this weekend, and my boy was panting like a steam engine. He likes his degrees in negatives!

Attachments

• ImHotPop.gif
    ImHotPop.gif
    904.8 KB · Views: 437
Sam the little white poodle/rat terrier mix, Shadow the black standard poodle, and Odie the rottweiler mix.
They are all ruled by a cat named Tom.

Attachments

• aug9th2010 017.jpg
    aug9th2010 017.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 411
  • aug4th2010 034.jpg
    aug4th2010 034.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 437
Status
Not open for further replies.