Post your mug shot!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
north of 60 said:
awsome slofr8. where are ya from. I do this every winter to bring in the newyear. With a few holes in the ice.

Hi,
I'm south of you in northern Maine. I can only imagine the cold you have.
I'm the only one that sleeps in the tent. We had just snow shooed out for hot chocolate and wine. :)for the picture. Might be a couple years before the boys are big enough to spend the night. The picture was taken about a 1/2 mile behind home on my land. I would set up for a day or two just to get used to the whole thing. Find out what I need and what I can do with out. Then pack it all up again. I found out the weak link in my set up was my sleeping bag. Even two bags wont cut it and keeping the fire going all night got old so I got a -40 F bag and life is good! Here is a (blurry) picture of a thermometer at the tents ridge line. It was single digits out and 105 F here and about 70 near the floor.
DSCN9338Medium.jpg

The tent is designed with out a floor and I put a piece of bubble insulation that also keeps things dry and put a canvas down on top of that for the floor. Then a wool blanket. Seems to work good but it'll take a trip or two to know for sure. It's amazing that it can be below 0F out and I'm in there in long johns and socks. Best of all, NO BLACK FLIES!!!

I had a late season solo trip planed last year and the death of my dad changed that. After that the weather didn't get cold enough on my days off to tempt me to go. I don't want to go and get wet. I can do that on my spring canoe trips.
So... this year I'll make it happen. My first trip will be about a 45 minute drive to the end of the tar. Then another 15 or 20 miles by snowmobile on old logging roads to a nice spots near a beautiful river. I don't plan on fishing but want to be near the river for water.
Maybe I'll post some pics.
Take care, Dan.

We will be looking forward to seeing those photos. Have a safe one when ya make it out there. It will be a good place to contemplate your recent
change in life. Please accept my condolences for your recent loss. I am sure he will be out there with you. CHEERS.
N of 60

its kind of neat to see everyone
this is my girls and I.
DSCF0119.jpg

Hello. New here. This is me and my little girl. I don't even remember how I found this forum but I'm glad that I did. Lots of great advice!

north of 60 said:
We will be looking forward to seeing those photos. Have a safe one when ya make it out there. It will be a good place to contemplate your recent
change in life. Please accept my condolences for your recent loss. I am sure he will be out there with you. CHEERS.
N of 60

Thank you.
He is dearly missed but the memories are great.
Here's my favorite picture of him. It sums him up quite well.
038A4712Medium.jpg

Later. Dan.

Highbeam said:
Hope you all don't mind seeing deer. If so, please remove it mods.

Here's the pic of me and the oldest girl affectionately referred to as #1.

I'm a vegetarian, but I'm also a gardener. So I say, harvest away!

Its like when law enforcement set up those traps that tell people they have won
a tv or something, and it is really a sting operation. LOL

My Mug!

Attachments

• IMG_0846 (Small).jpg
    IMG_0846 (Small).jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 463
Status
Not open for further replies.