Post your mug shot!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My transformation to human form wasn't yet complete at this point...

Attachments

• jb1968a.jpg
    jb1968a.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,385
Here I am with Benjamin Franklin. Also I'm here firing a cannon at St. Pedro, Cayman Islands, and this is me and my wife playing with the stingrays. :)

Attachments

• DSCN6347.jpg
    DSCN6347.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,254
  • DSCN8370.jpg
    DSCN8370.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,213
  • DSCN9380.jpg
    DSCN9380.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,254
Not everyone who plays with stingrays lives to tell the tale.

Eric Johnson said:
Not everyone who plays with stingrays lives to tell the tale.

Yes, Steve Irwin - Rest In Peace.

By the way, these animals are really intelligent - it's a wierd feeling to have them slither over your torso or arms. We had some squid that we fed them - they sucked it out of my hand like a vacuum cleaner. Just do not step on them or you will be really sorry! :)

Great photograph, Ryan. Looks like you've got some future firewood cutters with you.

Hey Thanxs

Question, how do I get the pic to be posted on the screen? instead of gong to my photobucket account. I know I need to use a code on either side, what is it?

Ryan

For some reason, you have to reply to the post, put in some text and post the reply. Then go in and edit the post, and use the "browse" button at the bottom of the screen. I don't know why there's no way to attach photos to unedited posts, but that's the way it works on my computers.

Hey, Gordo....

How come no full family shot with the other wife and baby? ANd by the way.... getting a pretty impressive stack 'o wood there.

Eric Johnson said:
For some reason, you have to reply to the post, put in some text and post the reply. Then go in and edit the post, and use the "browse" button at the bottom of the screen. I don't know why there's no way to attach photos to unedited posts, but that's the way it works on my computers.

The picture option is not available for "Fast Reply" (that's why it's fast), but it's there for "Post Reply", which is the long form. That's also where options like spell check reside.

BG I do know what ya are talkin about, but I cannot find it here, I see bold, italic, underline, quote, code, @, <a> and Close Tags, thats all though and at the bottom is spell check, I see NO IMG, or image or anything like that to use? And the attachments won't work for me?

Can you explain a bit more if you know how it works?

If you use the regular "post reply" screen, at the bottom of the screen, just above the "Preview Post" and "Submit Post" buttons you will see a little box that says "Attachements" and has a button "Choose..." next to it.

You need to know the name and location of the file on your machine, and I believe the file has to have the appropriate filetype suffix on it in order for the system to recognize what it is. Hit the choose button, and it will open up a window with your file manager, which should allow you to navigate to the desired file. When you select the file, it's name should appear in the Attachments box.

If you only have one picture, just hit "submit post" and the picture will upload and get posted automatically. If you have multiple pictures, hit the "Preview Post" button, and you will see your post as it will appear, including the picture. If you then go to the bottom of the editing window, you can add another picture the same way, repeating as needed for each additional picture. Once you have added all the pictures be sure to hit the "Submit Post" button to actually post your message or all will be lost!

Note that there is a 250KB size limit on the pictures, I think this is total per post, not per picture. Use your favorite photo editor to crop and / or reduce the resolution on the photos as needed to get them down to a reasonable size, or use multiple messages to post one photo per message.

(At least this is how it works for me using Opera under Linux, I don't know what those wierd proprietary O/S's do...)

Gooserider

Attachments

• PUPS 029resize.jpg
    PUPS 029resize.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 1,360
Man what a motley looking crew.
Yall know what I look like, not even far off from my avatar.
When I get some time I'll take another fugly self photo. :)

Hogwildz said:
When ya do.... I think we'd get a kick out of it if you had an axe in one hand and a 12 pack of bud light in the other hand.... :lol:
Oh come on I'm just kidding.....
Maybe I'll post my old passport picture ...It was pretty scary........ And I wondered why I allways got searched.....

GVA said:
They are both Border collies..... Purebred.
The third is a rescue dog and is in the following picture she's the tri-color She's a border/ sheperd mix..

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php?ACT=24&fid=4&aid=3562_yjYzQXq7qdlFGjpSFD9Z
The best part is they all spend most of the day trying to outsmart each other..... I'll be in trouble when they turn the outsmarting towards me :)

Have they tried installing a wood insert in the kitchen oven yet? If not your probably good for another year.

Warren said:
GVA said:
They are both Border collies..... Purebred.
The third is a rescue dog and is in the following picture she's the tri-color She's a border/ sheperd mix..

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php?ACT=24&fid=4&aid=3562_yjYzQXq7qdlFGjpSFD9Z
The best part is they all spend most of the day trying to outsmart each other..... I'll be in trouble when they turn the outsmarting towards me :)

Have they tried installing a wood insert in the kitchen oven yet? If not your probably good for another year.
Nope but It's like having a PE.... I come home and the stove has been cleaned,scraped, and topped off with pellets, and they clean the glass every wednesday.. :cheese:

GVA said:
Hogwildz said:
When ya do.... I think we'd get a kick out of it if you had an axe in one hand and a 12 pack of bud light in the other hand.... :lol:
Maybe I'll post my old passport picture ...It was pretty scary........ And I wondered why I allways got searched.....

I can do the axe and a six of St. Pauli Girl :)

Hogwildz said:
GVA said:
Hogwildz said:

I can do the axe and a six of St. Pauli Girl :)
Done deal Bro....
Whatever it takes
Even Yeungling will work.....

Status
Not open for further replies.