Post your Mutts...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jabush

Feeling the Heat
Jan 23, 2006
Howard County, MD
In another thread some posted pics of their dogs.
I thought our furry, faithful friends deserved a thread all their own.

So let's see your dogs, cats, pigs, whatever pets you have that you may want to share with the group.

I snapped this one of my "boys" earlier this morning. More to follow...

Attachments

• dogs1.JPG
    dogs1.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 816
My little terror. She's a shih tzu,
almost 3 years old. You can see
from my avatar that she loves
curling up - or should I say stretching
out in the chair near the pellet
stove.

Attachments

• shihtzu_kimba.JPG
    shihtzu_kimba.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 717
Here is Mine, he is five months old Golden Retriever.

Attachments

• 100_0726.jpg
    100_0726.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 742
My 3 border collies The white one was just a puppie in this he's 10 months now but back then I had to keep the sides open on my stove to keep him from getting burnt on the pipe.
The black and white she's 3, and the Tri color she's 4.

Attachments

• allsortsofstuff 079.jpg
    allsortsofstuff 079.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 694
2-year-old German Shepard / Lab mix...

Attachments

• IMG_6776 (Small).JPG
    IMG_6776 (Small).JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 697
here's ernest. 13 year old lab, his tricks include, lay down, roll over,sit, stay,nose thing(setting a treat on his nose) and humping the neighbors leg(long time ago). the years have snuck up on him as he can now only walk about 10 yds without having to plop his big butt down to give his hips a break. he shall truly be missed when he visits the big t-bone in the sky, i think i'll drink a beer on him this evening.
bruce

Attachments

• ernest01.jpg
    ernest01.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 634
Here is my lab, Beau. 6 years old now, but 3 in this picture.

Attachments

• beau2.jpg
    beau2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 595
Six year old Cairn Terrier.
He's checkin' out my coffee.

Attachments

• raindrop.jpg
    raindrop.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 587
"Rosie the Snowpuppy", after snowshoeing with Craig last winter. The girl couldn't even walk home, she must have had 10 extra lbs. of snow weight on her. This is what we call warm wet snow! Second Pix is Rosie's Glamshot.

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 579
  • DSC00451.jpg
    DSC00451.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 542
a little history here My parents were one of the first to introduce chocolate labs to the States., Back in the 60's, Brought over from England.
From their breading almost all stateside (Rama roma rahimbus) are found in pure breads chocolate and yellow lads, can be tied into their heritage
My 14 yer old yellow lad had to be put down this summer the heat was too much to endure one more time. I do have a 6 year old chocolate lab plus his son owned by my oldest daughter, he He is here 75% of the time. I own 1.75 labs. Every day I walk then in the woods atleast a mile including the miserable weather today. It keeps them young and me as well. Usually Ellen accompaines me. In the winter the run is longer as Ellen and I xcountry ski as snow conditions afford. I will try to find pictures to post

Well, since they have their own thread.... Here's Block again. Bull Mastiff/Bull Terrier mix

Attachments

• Block1.JPG
    Block1.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 546
Here is our little lady. She is 5 years old, she is a rotweiler/golden retriever mix. Very little golden. She is petit at 125#. She is a little baby though, wouldn't hurt a fly. She has pulled up some small trees in our yard to play with though. She runs around with these 5' tall trees in her mouth like it was nothing. We love her.

Attachments

• 000_0118.jpg
    000_0118.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 505
Webmaster said:
Do you call him block for "blockhead"? Or because his jaws could eat a cinderblock? Looks like some massive muscles in those jaws!

I didn't name him, but his name came from the size and shape of his head (about the size of a cinderblock). He's never tried to eat one, but I've seen hime break some pretty thick rawhide bones right in half. I don't think I'd want him mad at me... good thing he's really a big baby.

Oh, and I know it doesn't look it, but that's his "happy face" in the picture.... you should see him when I try to give him a bath!!

This is Dune, a dog that we fostered recently for Springer Rescue. Have 2 more, Wyatt and Angie. Angie is a Brittany, and is 3 days older than dirt, but don't tell her that. Wyatt is a goof, but a really great dog, and a good frisbee player. Just picked up another foster on Saturday, no pictures yet. It's sad when they get adopted, but it's also great to see them go from filthy, sick, scared strays to awesome dudes like Duner. I should post his "before" shots, but it would probably make some people sick.

Attachments

• dune.jpg
    dune.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 460
Here is the first son, Wyatt. He's not a foster anymore, we adopted him. He barks at reflections of light on the wall, the wind, TV, any major threat to household security. He sounds like a killer, but is probably to dumb to know how to bite. He does fetch and play frisbee.

The second is Miss Angelina, the queen of the house. I think she has doggie alzheimer's, she ain't all there sometimes. She's funny and well-behaved, though.

We're glad to do what little we can to save some of these great mutts. We've been involved in rescue for almost 10 years now, it all started with one stray Brittany.

Attachments

• wyatt.jpg
    wyatt.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 415
  • angie.jpg
    angie.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 421
Dogs pics on the hearth forum with no fireplaces around? Hummmm..... have to fix that. Here's our doxie keeping warm yesterday....

We also have 2 cats, 2 lizards and a tank full of freshwater fish.

Attachments

• 2006 - Oct - Hanging at the House 141 (Small).jpg
    2006 - Oct - Hanging at the House 141 (Small).jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 460
Juneau ready for snow! :)

Attachments

• Juneau2.jpg
    Juneau2.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 413
Status
Not open for further replies.