post your pellet stash pics!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eatonpcat said:
DexterDay said:
NATE379 said:
If they are in sealed plastic bags why do you guys have to store it indoors?

My Dad keeps telling me I should cord my firewood in the garage so I don't have to go out in the backyard to get it. Never mind that, garage is already small enough as is! (24x26)

All bags of pellets are perforated and have holes throughout them. If left on the pallet in the factory wrapping, they can be left outside.

Water will turn a ton of pellets into a LARGE pile of sawdust very quick.

Are you sure the bags are perforated...All I see are indentations from being stacked on top of each other. If they were perforated, I would think the fines would find a way out of the holes and make a mess!!

Anyway, Impress pellet stash Dexter!!

They all have small holes to let the air escape the bag for stacking (let the air out). . You may not see them. But they are there. This is where water infiltrates the bag and attacks the pellets.

DBCOOPER said:
Here's my stash. I'll pick up a few more bags tomorrow. Usually get 3 at a time. No need to fill up my basement with pellets. What would I do with all my motorcycles?

I guess if it's because of motorcycles, it can be forgiven :)

My stash went from out here:
3tonsoutside.jpg

To in here:
3tonsinside.jpg

...and I have JUST enough room for my bike on the left side of that pic... (bike is still outside underneath a cover and about 6" of snow :mad: This makes me sad.)

Not that it's going to help u with storage ideas but anyway...
Bike and a bit over 2 1/2 tons of pellets live happily together in my garage.
pellets_garage-1.jpg

A little over a ton stashed on the porch as well
porch.jpg

Spend a lot more in tires than I do on pellets in a season...

a47ea2b2.jpg

fe8c1df8.jpg

DBCOOPER said:
Spend a lot more in tires than I do on pellets in a season...

a47ea2b2.jpg

fe8c1df8.jpg

Wow.... Nice Bikes Coop... You aint lyin.. You dont have room.

Got rid of an 07 HD Super Glide this Summer.. Thats an eclectic collection you have. Wish I had more time to ride (ATV's sat all year too). Maybe when the kids are grown and me and mama are retired.

Why oh why do you have the poor ZRX hidden way at the back? That should be front and center!!!

76brian said:
Why oh why do you have the poor ZRX hidden way at the back? That should be front and center!!!

Was just rearranging them to do some work on one of the SV's...

magentaman said:
Spend way more on pellets then bike tires.

Darkside!?!?! You're gonna die in a fiery crash, man! What's wrong with you? :lol: I kid. Nice Valky.

DexterDay said:
Eatonpcat said:
DexterDay said:
NATE379 said:
If they are in sealed plastic bags why do you guys have to store it indoors?

My Dad keeps telling me I should cord my firewood in the garage so I don't have to go out in the backyard to get it. Never mind that, garage is already small enough as is! (24x26)

All bags of pellets are perforated and have holes throughout them. If left on the pallet in the factory wrapping, they can be left outside.

Water will turn a ton of pellets into a LARGE pile of sawdust very quick.

Are you sure the bags are perforated...All I see are indentations from being stacked on top of each other. If they were perforated, I would think the fines would find a way out of the holes and make a mess!!

Anyway, Impress pellet stash Dexter!!

They all have small holes to let the air escape the bag for stacking (let the air out). . You may not see them. But they are there. This is where water infiltrates the bag and attacks the pellets.
]]

Makes sense...They do not seem to have air in the bags!!

Keep mine in the basement...

Attachments

• pellets.jpg
    pellets.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 678
Keepin it close....lol...

Attachments

• Stash 20011 001.jpg
    Stash 20011 001.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 606
  • Stash 20011 006.jpg
    Stash 20011 006.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 596
  • Stash 20011 009.jpg
    Stash 20011 009.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 581
KINGOFTHENORTH said:
Keepin it close....lol...

This won't fly with my wife

The pictures aren't the best but here's my 5 ton stash.

Attachments

• 100_3029.jpg
    100_3029.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 497
  • 100_3030.jpg
    100_3030.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 500
  • 100_3028.jpg
    100_3028.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 475
Here ya go just a little stash.

Attachments

• rsIM000158.jpeg
    rsIM000158.jpeg
    20.8 KB · Views: 518
  • rsIM000159.jpeg
    rsIM000159.jpeg
    14.7 KB · Views: 515
  • rsIM000160.jpeg
    rsIM000160.jpeg
    21.7 KB · Views: 502
These are going to be moved (as soon as I get the gumption) into the house cellar in a couple of weeks.

Attachments

• 10TonCurrans.jpg
    10TonCurrans.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 763
SmokeEater is that ttten tons I see there? What a stash !! :coolsmile:

It is tttten.

19 bags short of 4 ton

Attachments

• IMAG0125.jpg
    IMAG0125.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 666
Cooper, they're Curran's, 20% softwood, 80% hardwood, from northeastern new york. I got them delivered for $225 per T.

Attachments

• 5 Ton and Smart 100.jpg
    5 Ton and Smart 100.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 636
Status
Not open for further replies.