post your pellet stash pics!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
keep mine in the cellar

Attachments

• download-1.jpg
    download-1.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 596
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 598
Cooper said:
Anyone know were i can find okies North of boston??
Would like to try them!

Its not north of Boston, but I found some in Millsbury at Roger's Farm and Garden. $310/1.3T(65 bags). Good price considering the East Coast Lumber in E. Hampstead, NH wants $389.

xraycer said:
Cooper said:
Anyone know were i can find okies North of boston??
Would like to try them!

Its not north of Boston, but I found some in Millsbury at Roger's Farm and Garden. $310/1.3T(65 bags). Good price considering the East Coast Lumber in E. Hampstead, NH wants $389.

Wow! That is spring time sale price. Grab those pellets NOW!

Roger's Farm & Garden in Millbury, MA sells it by the ton. Just ONE ton NOT 1.3. I called today to double check the price. Owner said 50 bags=ONE TON. That $310 doesn't include delivery yet which is based by zone.

Just picked up the second of 4 tons for the year.

This one was Brand New Okanagans from J&S in Berkely, Ma. $290/ton
These have the new bag around them. I think I like the old Pine Tree better :)
For when it get good and cold.

The first ton was Maine's Choice from TSC last week. $214/ton
For the shoulders, now and in the spring.

Gonna get a ton of Vermont's next week.

---Nailer---

Attachments

• Nov 2011 Okies 002.jpg
    Nov 2011 Okies 002.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 347
  • Nov 2011 Okies 001.jpg
    Nov 2011 Okies 001.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 346
oldmountvernon said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
oldmountvernon said:
ironpony said:
22 tons and counting,

hate this guy :)

Your calling as a pig is to emulate ironpony not hate him, he is leading by example as so should you.

lol Smokey its a love /hate thang :) hes my idol

Yeah...I'm jealous too!!! Climate controlled warehouse, What have I done wrong to deserve this!!!

Glosta said:
Coop - I built this mini pellet storage unit 2 years ago with a wooden pallet as the base, 2 x 4's at the corners, plywood for sides and roof substrat, finished with ice and water shield and asphalt shingles.

It holds 1 ton of pellets and I keep it under my deck, with a tarp inside for added protection. The deck provides great snow and rain protection, but I pitched the roof on the storage unti just to keep water from accumulating.

Rich

Nice Unit, Do you cover the front?

Now that the seasons winding down, we should post pics of the remaining stash.

I'm not a super hoarder like some, just buy 3-4 tons as needed yearly.

This is all I have left, hoping to not buy more for this season.

Attachments

• stash.png
    stash.png
    243.8 KB · Views: 405
Well.. I added as I ate them. Almost 2 ton used this year (about 2.5-3 cord of wood.to get the 40%-50% reduction). The stacks in the garage grew. The stacks in the house shrunk. There was a small skid outside the pellet room with Old Dominion, Green Supreme, Natures Junk, Etc that was burned also.

My last ton of Easy Heats, I think I am gonna give to my Father. Thats ALL he has burned this year (other than the random bags I gave him to try). I still.have them. But his B-day is right around the corner. Ive prob gave him a half ton to "try". "Let me TRY some of these kid"?? "Let me TRY some of these kid"?? God Bless him.

Still have about 5 ton left in the basement and 3 outside (may be 2 soon). Only burned about 10 bags of Somersets so far. Those were all single bags. Have to update the Sig soon.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 336
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 324
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 340
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 365
oldmountvernon said:
DexterDay said:
Well.. I added as I ate them. Almost 2 ton used this year (about 2.5-3 cord of wood.to get the 40%-50% reduction). The stacks in the garage grew. The stacks in the house shrunk. There was a small skid outside the pellet room with Old Dominion, Green Supreme, Natures Junk, Etc that was burned also.

My last ton of Easy Heats, I think I am gonna give to my Father. Thats ALL he has burned this year (other than the random bags I gave him to try). I still.have them. But his B-day is right around the corner. Ive prob gave him a half ton to "try". "Let me TRY some of these kid"?? "Let me TRY some of these kid"?? God Bless him.

Still have about 5 ton left in the basement and 3 outside (may be 2 soon). Only burned about 10 bags of Somersets so far. Those were all single bags. Have to update the Sig soon.

you freakin pig gimme some of those somersets, please

Trade you for some Hamers!!!

Just thinking the other day...Supply is dwindling...Hope I don't have to buy more!!! We burn constantly no matter what the temp is outside!! Told the wife it was hot in here last night, she looked at me like I was crazy and said it can't be more than 72 in here..I won the bet, 79 degrees and climbing!! :p

Eatonpcat said:
.......We burn constantly no matter what the temp is outside!!.........it can't be more than 72 in here..I won the bet, 79 degrees and climbing!! :p

Whew... I like it hot.. But that would have me sweating. ;-P

Only burned about 2 tons so far this season......historically low amount. :) I did supplement with some Oak/Cherry splits in the woodburner on weekends. Adding to the stash now with some more North Idaho Energy's, 2 tons of Ambiance and planning on possibly adding some Vermonts from Hubbard's Farm in Princeton and more Okie D.F.'s when available and, and, and...... :lol: Left in the stash are 3.5 tons Cubex, 2.5 tons Barefoot, .5 ton Green Team, .5 ton Somersets, .25 ton Okie D.F.'s, 1 ton assorted stuff. So....I stick with the 6+ tons :cheese:

Attachments

• DSC_7285 (Custom).jpg
    DSC_7285 (Custom).jpg
    231 KB · Views: 256
  • DSC_7290 (Custom).jpg
    DSC_7290 (Custom).jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 256
  • DSC_7292 (Custom).jpg
    DSC_7292 (Custom).jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 246
Cool Pix guys and gals!
My pellet obsession has been good for my health.
With all the exercise from moving the stash around to make room to hoard more.

And my personal favorite, hmmm more food or more pellets?

I can stand to take off a few more pounds.
;-)

1D

What I have left as of today:
Got another ton in the garage and these on the porch.
Only burning Greene Team now. The Okies will carry
over to next season.

porch-1.jpg

5 ton mwp blend delivered today. 2 ton mwp softies on order. will be here late april.

so this is 6 ton plus 14 bags on hand not only before the first frost. but also before the last frost :D

009.jpg
011.jpg
019.jpg
020.jpg
022-1.jpg

Reactions: jtakeman and The Ds
Status
Not open for further replies.