Post your wood haulers thread

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Blue looks like a real truck. I hope you can preserve it forever.

Flatbedford said:
Big Blue looks like a real truck. I hope you can preserve it forever.

That's the plan. We bought her for $1500 off Craigslist, have put another $1000 into new pump and cylinders for the plow, new (used) tires and miscellaneous fix-its.
Would like to get front and rear axles with taller gearing (8 mpg max, more like gallons per mile when plowing snow).

My old F350 does about the same mpg with its big block V8 and 4.10 gears. I only drive it a few hundred miles a year so the mileage is a non issue for me.

I'm able to cut all of my wood off of my own place. I have several of these boxes that I fill at the wood "processing" area, and then I just move them over into place.
Jags, is that your old FC? jeep? And Mrwhoopee, that GMC would be worth about $5K at least over on the coast. sweet!

Attachments

• temp 022.jpg
    temp 022.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 777
Ole Red can get in and out of some pretty rugged places with a full load (about 1/2 a cord with side boards on it).

001.jpg

711mhw said:
I have several of these boxes that I fill at the wood "processing" area, and then I just move them over into place.
I really like those portable woodsheds! No need to stack twice and no crib ends!

Son, now where did you go last night?

Attachments

• Wood Hauler.jpg
    Wood Hauler.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 712
  • wood hauler2.jpg
    wood hauler2.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 668
Part of my fleet

Attachments

• Heavy Hauler 002 (Custom).jpg
    Heavy Hauler 002 (Custom).jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 678
  • Heavy Hauler 001 (Custom).jpg
    Heavy Hauler 001 (Custom).jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 685
  • Firewood Ramblings 001 (Custom).jpg
    Firewood Ramblings 001 (Custom).jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 682
Rottiman - Love the case tractor w/ FEL. What is the lift capacity on the loader?

To those that questioned...
It is a 1959 FC150 Jeep. Tiny little 4 banger and ultra granny gears in 4 low.

Jags said:

hmm, makes me wonder if I should build a woodbox in the rotted out Commander instead of scrapping it.

SolarAndWood said:
Jags said:

hmm, makes me wonder if I should build a woodbox in the rotted out Commander instead of scrapping it.

Nothing to loose.
That little jeep of mine, I think if you hit a tree with it, it would try to climb it. :lol:

Holds a little over 1/4 of a cord. lasts about a week during the middle of winter.

Attachments

• woodwagon.jpg
    woodwagon.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 719
Jags said:
SolarAndWood said:
Jags said:

Nothing to loose.
That little jeep of mine, I think if you hit a tree with it, it would try to climb it. :lol:

My understanding is that the FC150 was built on the CJ5 frame and used the CJ5 running gear as well. A buddy of mine had a '53 CJ3A about 20 years ago. I was driving it in the woods and because it had no clutch, I didn't want to stop and misjudged a corner in the trail. I went wide and hit a tree with the front wheel. The front wheel climbed about 4' up the tree, fell off, and we just kept on going. I don't think you could buy anything new that could do that anymore.

Flatbedford said:
My understanding is that the FC150 was built on the CJ5 frame and used the CJ5 running gear as well.

I believe you are correct, but the FC had heavier springs than the CJ5. The little box on the back full of white oak does not even budge the springs.

fortunateLEE said:
Here's one of mine!
Go ahead ,,, hate me!!!

0402-1.jpg
Nothin heavy duty though eh! lol, Randy

Jags said:
fortunateLEE said:
Go ahead ,,, hate me!!!

Baahaha - hell no, I want to hire you.

LOL right on. That big beast wouldnt even go up my narrow steep gravel driveway unfortunately.

Thistle said:
Jags said:
fortunateLEE said:
Go ahead ,,, hate me!!!

Baahaha - hell no, I want to hire you.

LOL right on. That big beast wouldnt even go up my narrow steep gravel driveway unfortunately.
No problem getting that in my driveway. When can I expect you here LEE? My grapple guy did a disappearing act.

Carbon_Liberator said:
fortunateLEE said:
Here's one of mine!
Go ahead ,,, hate me!!!
I think Lee may just be over compensating for something???? ;-)
DefinetLEE NOT for a lack of WOOD !

169703_150867081634959_100001350032033_251705_4769623_o.jpg

fortunateLEE said:
Carbon_Liberator said:
fortunateLEE said:
Here's one of mine!
Go ahead ,,, hate me!!!
I think Lee may just be over compensating for something???? ;-)
DefinetLEE NOT for a lack of WOOD !

169703_150867081634959_100001350032033_251705_4769623_o.jpg
OMG is that someones tombstone?

Status
Not open for further replies.