Posting pics taken with iPhone

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenster

Minister of Fire
Jan 10, 2010
Texas- West of Houston
I would like to post some pics taken with my iPhone. They are very good quality and show up great on Facebook. But the file type is different. Not .jpeg, .gif. etc.
So I can't upload them to sites like photobucket from whence I can post on this site. Is it okay to just post a link to the pics in my profile on Facebook? I think I've seen this done but I'm not sure if it was on this site.
Thanks.

Not sure if you can change the format but if you email the photos to yourself then save them to your computer as a jpg that might work.

hareball said:
Not sure if you can change the format but if you email the photos to yourself then save them to your computer as a jpg that might work.

Thanks, Hareball. Actually I figured it out. When I plug in the iPhone to my computer is automatically uploads any new pics I've taken and saves them to a file in Windows, converted to .jpg format. I just upload these to Photobucket, then embed the code into my post on this site. Worked like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.