Potential Storm Next Week...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
for the east, we shall see.

Attachments

• 400x266_12051627_startofsevwx.jpg
    400x266_12051627_startofsevwx.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 202
Looks like rain for the northeast

No rain dammit, I got wood to cut!

Reactions: PapaDave
That kind of front between those temperature extremes can spell some really bad news for the folks living there in the crease, and in the path of the front's movement. Scary stuff, if it plays out like that.

Like you said zap, we shall see. With this crazy fall we had, anxious to see what winter brings.

Good chance of rain/snow mix here late Saturday night into Sunday morning,changing to all snow.Not much accumulation is expected.Highs lo 40's tommorow dropping to around 30 for Sunday,low Monday morning around 10 degrees.We could sure use the precip either way.

No rain or snow . . . I've got a roof to go on next week.

That kind of front between those temperature extremes can spell some really bad news for the folks living there in the crease, and in the path of the front's movement. Scary stuff, if it plays out like that.
I've been through that warm front meeting the cold front, made it off the main road to a mini mart, I thought the roof was coming off. When I was still on the road I looked in the rear view mirror, a tree came down behind the car in back of me. :eek:

Bring it we are so dry any moisture will be appreciated.

Reactions: zap
I get to preview your weather, it hits here first. I would gladly send gmule some of our excess from last week.
Ya, you got nailed, how much rain did you get in your area?

We have this moving in tonight, snow I'll take but the ice could make it tricky.
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BURLINGTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER
WEATHER ADVISORY FOR MIXED WINTRY PRECIPITATION...WHICH IS IN
EFFECT FROM 10 PM THIS EVENING TO 7 AM EST MONDAY.

* LOCATIONS...CHAMPLAIN VALLEY WEST INTO THE SAINT LAWRENCE VALLEY
AND ADIRONDACKS OF NORTHERN NEW YORK.

* HAZARD TYPES...SNOW...SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN.

* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATION OF 1 TO 2 INCHES.
ICE ACCUMULATION A TRACE UP TO A TENTH OF AN INCH...ESPECIALLY
IN NORTHERN NEW YORK.

* TIMING...LATE EVENING SUNDAY THROUGH EARLY MONDAY MORNING.

* IMPACTS...SLICK ROADWAYS DUE TO SNOW AND SLEET. SOME POWER LINES
AND SMALL BRANCHES MAY COME DOWN IN AREAS AWAY FROM THE
CHAMPLAIN VALLEY.

* WINDS...SOUTHEAST 5 TO 15 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH.

* TEMPERATURES...LOWS AROUND 30...RISING ABOVE FREEZING DURING
MONDAY MORNING.

* VISIBILITIES...1 MILE OR LESS AT TIMES IN SNOW AND SLEET.

34 degrees,light snow falling now,maybe an inch before it stops.Set a record as of last Wednesday - 275 days since last snowfall.Temps falling all day,10 degrees by tommorow morning with very gusty NW winds coming in later today.78 in here,68-70 in rest of house.Getting my revenge on a few wheelbarrows worth of soft punky Elm that I hauled in from up the steep NE hillside last January.;) It wasnt fun splitting Friday & Saturday,but burns better than I thought.

Looks like we are going to be colder here also but no rain just a small chance of a dusting of snow.
Can someone please send some rain? We need it real bad, tilled the garden and it was as dry as summer.

Well we got a little bit of snow from this latest go around. it is only 3 - 4 inches but it is cold at 9F.

It looks like Accu Weather is calling for 3-6 inches of the white stuff mixed with rain/sleet for Tuesday (12/18) should make for some nice roads.

Status
Not open for further replies.