Potomac Pellets $175/ton

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrahamInVa

Minister of Fire
Jun 14, 2011
Eastern, Virginia
I have been calling all my local pellet mills to see if they sell direct to the customer and have found that they all do. Unfortunelly I can't find too much info on how they burn and no one around here sells them buy the bag to try out.

The lowest so far has been Potomac Pellets at $175/ton. Seems like a pretty awesome deal. I just talked to one of the plant managers on the phone and he of course talked highly of his pellets and gave me all the details on how he sells to lowes, ect.. He also wanted to make sure I call back after I burn some and give him some feedback.

Any thoughts??

Pellet Fuel Information

Grade: Premium
Material: Yellow Pine
Ash: Less than 1%
Fines:Less than 0.5%
Sodium:Less than 300 PPM

smwilliamson said:
That's a good price. Potomac's aren't a bad pellet. Their salesman, Mason, is a good guy too.

Yea, that's who I talked to. I thought he was some type of plant manager.

Pretty much all of the reports on the Potomac's were good.....they're southern yellow pine, I think. For that price, I give them a shot.

buy buy buy!

i bought 4 tons at $215. IMO, this pellet can't be touched at this price range. It's high heat, burns good, and pretty clean, and smells good to boot. Should be priced way higher IMO.

I have to cheat/hide my last bit :D

263027_10150250521110606_501130605_7332281_2607967_n.jpg

briansol said:
I have to...hide my last bit :D

Just in case you hadn't noticed, the couch isn't doing a very good job of hiding them :lol:

shshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh can't see anything!

That is way to funny!!!!! Why did I never think of that???

The price range for pellets here are huge.... my Hamers I normally buy are up to $270/ton (hardwood). Now when i first got my stove they were $300/ton. Still way cheaper then oil at the time. Last year I got them for $235/ton. But I just ran into the Potomacs for the first time at $185/ton. Huge difference and wondering if i should take the plunge. Yes it is like 90 degrees outside right now, but might fire the stove up just to check these things out. I would imagine a huge difference in burn for $100 difference in price wouldn't you?? Any other stats on these things other then what the company puts out? As we all know the company puts a spin on it to make them look good, but are they!

I've burned several tons of hamer hot ones before.

IMO, the potomacs are cleaner, just as hot, and there's more per bag (hamers are more dense) so a bag actually lasts a bit longer.

Add cheaper into the mix, and it's a no brainer to me.

I'll be burning potomacs all winter long. 4 tons stacked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.