Potrage and Main

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coolidge

Dec 16, 2008
Maine
I recently have seen the Optimizer in action at the fair. Looks like a decent outdoor boiler. Wood had a m/c of 25%. Pricing was in the ballpark of others at 12k. Sales guy said they(EPA) were testing a smaller version 130- 140k btu. Anyone have any feedback about these?

coolidge said:
I recently have seen the Optimizer in action at the fair. Looks like a decent outdoor boiler. Wood had a m/c of 25%. Pricing was in the ballpark of others at 12k. Sales guy said they(EPA) were testing a smaller version 130- 140k btu. Anyone have any feedback about these?

From what I have seen it's one of the better OWB's and wouldn't hesitate to use one myself if going that direction.

Tarm Sales Guy said:
yes, looks to be a well built unit that works well. Would be my recommendation if you are looking to service your boiler in snow boots instead of your slippers ;)
Chris

I learned the hard way to always wear boots when firing a wood burner. A piece of oak about 6" in diameter can really mess up a sock clad foot. Don't ask..........

Tarm Sales Guy said:
yes, looks to be a well built unit that works well. Would be my recommendation if you are looking to service your boiler in snow boots instead of your slippers ;)
Chris

Agree, my LL Bean slippers are perfect to tend my boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.