Poulan 4400 parts question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGriz

I'm looking for parts, information and / or advice regarding a Poulan 4400. The saw belongs to a friend of mine and it has been sitting in the shop for quite some time.

I'm not familiar with this particular saw. Apparently the ignition on the saw is bad. According to the dealer who has the saw, it has a two piece ignition and he cannot get the parts to repair the ignition. He supposedly has one of the parts, but cannot get the other. I'm not sure exactly what part he is missing, but I can try to find out.

Does anyone here know anything about this saw and the ignition system? Better yet, does anyone know where my buddy can get his hands on a new ignition or a parts saw with a good ignition?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the great link BB. I was able to find a parts diagram and the ignition module. Unfortunately, they show that the module is no longer available. I'll have to keep searching.

Looks like their best bet will be to find a parts saw; or just junk it and start over.

Status
Not open for further replies.