1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Poulan PP4620AVX won't idle...

Post in 'The Gear' started by albert1029, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. albert1029

albert1029 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Southwestern PA
    ....starts fine but when it revs down it dies...starts again with one pull w/choke on then one pull w/choke off then when rev it down again it dies...air filter was on but pinched the choke boot and there was a little gap...I guess dirt got in...my question is will a carburetor cleaning take care of it and is it easy to take the carb off and put back on...searched on you tube and didn't really get a good video about it.....checked the fuel filter and looks fine...adjusted idle screw and doesn't make a difference....

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Freeheat

Freeheat Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West of Cleveland
    Sounds like a fuel line problem , Replace the fuel lines a adjust the carb, should be good to go
  3. albert1029

Loc:
    Southwestern PA
    thanks...
  4. Nixon

Nixon Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West Sunbury ,Pa.
    This is probably a bit "out there",but check the spark screen on the muffler . It could be stopped up .
  5. albert1029

Loc:
    Southwestern PA
    yeah, I need to do that on both saws...
  6. albert1029

Loc:
    Southwestern PA
    ok, spark arrester screen was fine...spark plug is pretty new, looks fine...fuel filter looks fine...air filter is new...it's either the fuel line or the carb, since this coincides with the air filter not being on tight I guess some junk got in the carb...will bite the bullet and take it off...can't be too hard???
  7. albert1029

Loc:
    Southwestern PA
    just to answer my own post, after taking everything apart to just basically looking, brushed screen even though it looked clean...it started idling but a little low, adjusted and good to go....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.