Poulan PP4620AVX won't idle...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

albert1029

Feeling the Heat
Nov 15, 2011
Southwestern PA
....starts fine but when it revs down it dies...starts again with one pull w/choke on then one pull w/choke off then when rev it down again it dies...air filter was on but pinched the choke boot and there was a little gap...I guess dirt got in...my question is will a carburetor cleaning take care of it and is it easy to take the carb off and put back on...searched on you tube and didn't really get a good video about it.....checked the fuel filter and looks fine...adjusted idle screw and doesn't make a difference....

Sounds like a fuel line problem , Replace the fuel lines a adjust the carb, should be good to go

This is probably a bit "out there",but check the spark screen on the muffler . It could be stopped up .

ok, spark arrester screen was fine...spark plug is pretty new, looks fine...fuel filter looks fine...air filter is new...it's either the fuel line or the carb, since this coincides with the air filter not being on tight I guess some junk got in the carb...will bite the bullet and take it off...can't be too hard???

just to answer my own post, after taking everything apart to just basically looking, brushed screen even though it looked clean...it started idling but a little low, adjusted and good to go....

Status
Not open for further replies.