Poulan Pro 5020AV Starter Hub cracked

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schlot

Minister of Fire
Nov 21, 2011
Iowa
When I went to start the Poulan this weekend, the starter rope came out but wouldn't retract. I pulled the cover and found the starter hub has a small crack in it and out of plane. I thought I would dismantle it and reset it before buying a new part. It's hard to see the crack and offset but the "H" printed on the inside cover is hard to miss.

download.jpg

Poulan is part of Husqvarna Outdoor Power Inc. ;)

There were more than a couple low-end Huskies that were little more than "borrowed" Poulan saws wrapped in spiffy orange plastic.

I didn't know that. I backed off the retaining screw and the hub popped into place. Probably good for now, but I will have to order a new part in case it happens again.

Status
Not open for further replies.