PoulanPro snow blower queastion

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mainstation

Feeling the Heat
Jan 4, 2009
N.Ont.
I have a PullanThrow 11hp 30" swath snowblower. This afternoon the impeller/auger mechanism stopped working. If I pull down on the RH handle, the rod/tension spring doesn't tension the way it should and the impeller/auger doesn't engage. Any ideas? I am thinking a keyway/rod has broken inside. A quick fix I am hoping....

Check the belt that drives the the main shaft that goes to the impeller. You should be able to see it by removing the inspection cover just off the engine.

I agree - odds are the belt has broken or jumped off... If it looks OK, check to see if the idler tensions the belt when the control is operated (may need two people for this - one to work control, one to watch...) - if the idler doesn't tighten up the belt, check linkages between control and idler...

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.