Poulin Pro chainsaw gas cap to tight

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jasong

Oct 23, 2008
Palestine, Tx.
I have had a Poulin Pro chainsaw for about a year and shortly after using it the gas cap started getting a little tight. It has progressed to the point now to where it is almost impossible to turn even with pliers. I emailed poulin about it. and this is what I found out:

We have seen this. It is not the cap, it is the new gases with the ether and the ethanol causing the caps to swell. If the cap is set out in the open for a couple of days, the liquid will evaporate and the cap will go back on. I have had a few customers tell me they have bought an extra cap so they can swap them back and forth.

So if anyone else is having this problem this may shed some light on it.

Ducati had a certain gas tank that would swell up inside its metal housing because of the new gas. I run marvels mystery oil in everything I own hoping to turn this new gas into a nice lubing old formula.

My regular old poulan does the same thing. I have to use the scrench to get it moving and then I can do it by hand. It now even leaks a little fuel when sitting for long periods of time. I can tell because it is in a case and the manual is stained and their is residue on the case.

Sweet. I just thought i was an idiot and didnt know how to correctly install my cap back on. My poulan pro does the same thing. Glad to have an answer. We got a gas station that claims no ethanol i may start using their gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.