Poverty Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

briansol

Minister of Fire
Jan 18, 2009
central ct
Ya know how they have the 'poverty' food racks with all the dented cans and expired foods? (well, that's what I call them anyway... because i'm a pretentious snob :D)

Well, i found a poverty bag of pellets at TSS for $1.99. It was probably 32 lbs. burned good. These are the MWP knock offs.

So, now i'm on the hunt for more spill bags :D

Attachments

• 385703_10151300379155606_1849256843_n[1].jpg
    385703_10151300379155606_1849256843_n[1].jpg
    80 KB · Views: 142
I read a tip about that here a while back. I got four open bags at Lowe's a couple weeks ago. Not enough missing for me to notice a difference, maybe a couple pounds from each bag. Half price Presto Logs, can't go wrong. Didn't see any when I was there today unfortunately.

Ya know how they have the 'poverty' food racks with all the dented cans and expired foods? (well, that's what I call them anyway... because i'm a pretentious snob :D)

Well, i found a poverty bag of pellets at TSS for $1.99. It was probably 32 lbs. burned good. These are the MWP knock offs.

So, now i'm on the hunt for more spill bags :D

Almost saved enough to go out and have a beer...

Never got pellets that way but the grocery manager at our Food Lion used to dump the contents of torn bags of cat litter in boxes and when I would come in for groceries sell me hundreds of pounds of the stuff for a couple of bucks. The store manager finally caught on and stopped him.

I got a bag of Timber heats at Lowes the other week that had a small tear in the upper corner. It might have lost 20 pellets, but they gave me 10% off anyway. They had another bag that was worse...it was about 2/3 full, and wrapped in a plastic bag....got that for 50% off.

I got a bag of Timber heats at Lowes the other week that had a small tear in the upper corner. It might have lost 20 pellets, but they gave me 10% off anyway. They had another bag that worse...it was about 2/3 full, and wrapped in a plastic bag....got that for 50% off.

you actually counted the pellets to save 10% or 50 cents???

Reactions: oldmountvernon
you actually counted the pellets to save 10% or 50 cents???
LOL....no, just saw a hand full on the floor near the bag. It was the last bag of the Timber Heats that had, and they burn nice in my stove. ==c

Don't buy the open bag of sawdust aka Fireside Ultra's I returned to the Somerset HD.... 1 bag out of almost 2 ton isn't bad, but it was a really really bad bag...

When I buy salt for the softener I try to find the busted bags. Can get a few hundred lbs for 5-10$

Status
Not open for further replies.