Pow-R-Kraft 7 ton electric splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Opinons only, have not seen.
the two stage cycle (I think might be a regen valve, not a two stage pump) may be a real boost to the most common complaint with electrics.: really slow. This may help that considerably in extend.
I'd want to see cycle times data.
Also, stroke. It said 20 inch log, but many electrics have a larger opening than they do stroke. i.e. 20 inch opening but only 12 inch stroke. With some woods that works great With elm, fight to the bitter end, you have to retract, add a block behind the log, and try it again.

I am a fan of electrics, and two speed deal may make it worth considering.

WIll be intereting to see results.

just curiosuity, wasn't Power Kraft the trade name for (now defunct) Montgomery wards products back in the past?

k

kevin j said:
I am a fan of electrics, and two speed deal may make it worth considering.
WIll be intereting to see results.
just curiosuity, wasn't Power Kraft the trade name for (now defunct) Montgomery wards products back in the past?
k
You highlighted the reasons I'm considering this one. Those, and that it's probably fairly quiet.
I have access to a big gas splitter for really tough stuff if I need it. I used it last weekend and the noise wore me out more than the lifting and throwing.
Not sure about the Monkey Ward's name. I'm also not sure if I'll be able to find one of these in stock any time soon, not that I'm in a rush.
So...who here has used one ?

Status
Not open for further replies.