Powder Wedge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustWood

Minister of Fire
Aug 14, 2007
Arrow Bridge,NY
I forgot how amusing these are.
Haven't used one in 20 years.
Found one at a yard sale last week ($5 sweet azz deal) , perfect timing for the 4th and a few loads of 30-40"rs the county brought to my wood dump.
Ran out of powder but got a few rounds knocked down to size for the old mans OWB.
What a time saver and sure beats noodlin' with the 066.

Noodlin can suck. I like the powder for the 4th! lol

what is a powder wedge? is that like black powder poured into a hole in a log, light fuse, run away, boom= split log?

Delta-T said:
what is a powder wedge? is that like black powder poured into a hole in a log, light fuse, run away, boom= split log?

yep

that does sound like fun on the 4th of July. heck, that sounds like fun just about any day.

heres your pic

That was a very long fuse!

I'll get pics when eye get time .
Ben busier than a cat burying chit on a hot metal roof lateLEE!
It's actualLEE a conical wedge. Hollowed out on the pointed end with a fuse hole drilled in the side about 2-3 inches fron the point.
Load with powder , pack with paper, pound into round, lite fuse and run like hell.

This is exactLEE like the one eye have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=zHJuRvCPPf4&feature=related

cant seem to get that one in the post.

I love those things! Used to use one in the stix on large cottonwood logs. Helps to tie it down with a log chain...

mayhem said:
Caution: Aim Away From Face

+1

And I might add: Do not light firecracker in hand and use only under adult supervision. :lol:

does the guy who lights the fuse also have to hunt for the splits after they fly off into the woods or do they just disintegrate?

haphazardLEE said:
I'll get pics when eye get time .
Ben busier than a cat burying chit on a hot metal roof lateLEE!
It's actualLEE a conical wedge. Hollowed out on the pointed end with a fuse hole drilled in the side about 2-3 inches fron the point.
Load with powder , pack with paper, pound into round, lite fuse and run like hell.

This is exactLEE like the one eye have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=zHJuRvCPPf4&feature=related

That thing is un beLEEvable. SeriousLEE. DangerousLEE even. I reaLEE wish I was allowed to use gunpowder. TotaLEE awesone. FinaLEE done with this pun.

Status
Not open for further replies.