power for EKO 25

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

easternbob

Hearth Supporter
Nov 29, 2007
Central NY
Hoping some EKO owners can help me out. I'm in the process of installing my EKO 25, already have the pex-flex tubing, one length of 12/2 wire, and a empty 1" dia pipe for future wire I might need ran from the boiler shed to house. Well was reading the manual and I see it says something about 240 volt power supply.
Did I mess up should I have ran 12/3 wire to supply 220v??? I'm not too worried I still have the empty conduit I can run the wire thru, but I didn't figure the fans needed anything more than 110v (wasn't thinking Euro mfg....). Has anyone wire the unit as 110v?
Thanks,
Bob

easternbob said:
Hoping some EKO owners can help me out. I'm in the process of installing my EKO 25, already have the pex-flex tubing, one length of 12/2 wire, and a empty 1" dia pipe for future wire I might need ran from the boiler shed to house. Well was reading the manual and I see it says something about 240 volt power supply.
Did I mess up should I have ran 12/3 wire to supply 220v??? I'm not too worried I still have the empty conduit I can run the wire thru, but I didn't figure the fans needed anything more than 110v (wasn't thinking Euro mfg....). Has anyone wire the unit as 110v?
Thanks,
Bob

As far as I know, all the US models are set up for 110V operation. Mine certainly was.

The manual is not a paragon of clarity and accuracy, at least when I got mine.

Don't worry Im in the process of installing a EKO 25 and it came with a pre wired regular 120 volt plug and cord , right from the dealer . I guess you can say plug and play .
Ps. very nice boiler , well built and awsom controler . Can't wait to fire it up !!
Anthony

Guys,
Thanks for the replies it's nice to know it's 110v.
Bob

It probably is 110.

You can run 220 through 12/2 anyhow. With TRUE 220v, you don't have a hot/common/ground.... You have Hot/Hot/Ground. If you need a common, then it really isn't 220, its 2 x 110v...........

I ran into the same thing with my EKO 40. If you look on the back of your boiler there should be a sticker with all of the boiler spec's on it. One will be power requirements. Mine has a sticker over what used to say 220 to indicate it's been switched to 110. You might want to make sure you have that sticker....

Status
Not open for further replies.