power outage 1/28/14

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stoveguy2esw

Minister of Fire
Nov 14, 2006
madison hgts. va
I posted this in the woodstove forum as well but since the thread may not be seen by pellet stove owners I reposted in here (just so the mods do not think its a duplicate)

just tossing it out there for general knowledge
ESW offices are shut down for the day (if not longer) due to a widespread power outage around the plant's location we do not have our customer service lines open.
FWIW I will be online for most of the rest of the day so if anyone who has tried to contact our service department with questions feel free to PM me and i'll try to help.
I should note that since im at home I have no way to key orders ship parts and the like so all I can offer is advice in hopes to help folks as best I can until my service department can get back online.

I posted this in the woodstove forum as well but since the thread may not be seen by pellet stove owners I reposted in here (just so the mods do not think its a duplicate)

ESW offices are shut down for the day (if not longer) due to a widespread power outage around the plant's location we do not have our customer service lines open.
FWIW I will be online for most of the rest of the day so if anyone who has tried to contact our service department with questions feel free to PM me and i'll try to help.
I should note that since im at home I have no way to key orders ship parts and the like so all I can offer is advice in hopes to help folks as best I can until my service department can get back online.

This is what customer service looks like.

One of these might be in your future ;)

c4-4-gen-set.jpg

Reactions: stoveguy2esw
One of these might be in your future ;)

c4-4-gen-set.jpg
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! would be nice! FWIW it almost never happens that we lose power. I think its a substation issue , it was off for a couple miles in either direction and its seriously cold out. not a good think for the locals. hopefully they have wood or gas heat as last I heard its going to be several hours minimum to get this restored.

So I'm guessing you're not using pellet stoves to heat the facility??? :p

Reactions: slvrblkk
I work for a cable company and I maintain these at our Headend and Hubsites here in PA. That's the way it goes, when you need it. you wish you had it.....when you have it you "typically" don't lose power...lol

well gang , power is restored and we opened at our usual time , obviously with the missed time yesterday phone traffic is a bit heavy as we play "catch up ball" so if you need help just bear with us as we catch back up

Status
Not open for further replies.