Power outage---USSC 6039 to the rescue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoop

Nov 29, 2008
Southern Ontario
We woke up this morning a little chilly after the power went out sometime in the night. I hooked up a cheap, 1200 watt generator I bought at Wal-Mart a couple hears ago and got the pellet stove up and running. Put it on the hifghest setting and topok the chill off the place. I had never tried the ghenerator beforfe and never run my stove that hot. Both worked fine.

If you are not in the market for a big Genset I'd recommend gettiong a small one at walmart just for the stove. They run about 150 bucks, likely cheaper o9n sale. And it is not one with the pure sine wave rtrack. Make surfe your un it through a power bar. It would not however power up my PCU, which runs thestove for qa few minutes during shorft power glitches.

Status
Not open for further replies.