1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
  1. Jason L

Jason L New Member

I had a power outage last night, so my st croix prescott exl did not shut down properly. my problem is that now that the power is restored, the stove will not start up. I turn it on and it goes out about 20 seconds later. I get a blinking #2 light. Could it be the vacuum switch? I cleaned the stove all out. Still get the #2 error. any help would be appreciated .

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. chimneylinerjames

chimneylinerjames Feeling the Heat

Try unplugging it for a few minutes, that usually resets everything.
  3. Jason L

Jason L New Member

Still shuts down after about 15 to 20 seconds.
  4. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    It ain't likely the switch.

The first thing I'd check is the tube going to the vacuum switch it is possible that if your stove was in full burn when the power went south that the heat may have melted a bit of the vacuum line back where it goes on the barb on the stove.

It is also possible that you have a high limit switch tripped as well if you have a stove with a manual reset high limit you need to reset that switch.

I could also be a failed combustion blower or the combustion blower isn't getting any power due to a control board issue, was your stove plugged into a surge protector?
  5. heat seeker

heat seeker Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern CT
    +1 on the vacuum hose. But I think the combustion blower would still run. If both blowers run, that's the first place to look.

There is also a fuse on the control board, but I don't know what it protects. When you turn the stove on, does one blower come on, or none? Both blowers should come on at first, then go off when vacuum is detected, or timed out due to lack of vacuum (your #2 light).