power outage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason L

Dec 2, 2012
I had a power outage last night, so my st croix prescott exl did not shut down properly. my problem is that now that the power is restored, the stove will not start up. I turn it on and it goes out about 20 seconds later. I get a blinking #2 light. Could it be the vacuum switch? I cleaned the stove all out. Still get the #2 error. any help would be appreciated .

It ain't likely the switch.

The first thing I'd check is the tube going to the vacuum switch it is possible that if your stove was in full burn when the power went south that the heat may have melted a bit of the vacuum line back where it goes on the barb on the stove.

It is also possible that you have a high limit switch tripped as well if you have a stove with a manual reset high limit you need to reset that switch.

I could also be a failed combustion blower or the combustion blower isn't getting any power due to a control board issue, was your stove plugged into a surge protector?

+1 on the vacuum hose. But I think the combustion blower would still run. If both blowers run, that's the first place to look.

There is also a fuse on the control board, but I don't know what it protects. When you turn the stove on, does one blower come on, or none? Both blowers should come on at first, then go off when vacuum is detected, or timed out due to lack of vacuum (your #2 light).

Status
Not open for further replies.