Power Smith ash vac

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikhen

Oct 8, 2011
Oley, pa
Just ordered a Power Smith ash vac from Ebay. $85 including shipping. After reading reviews and not finding any vacs in stores around here under $200, I had to take the plunge. Hopefully it lives up to the reviews.

We were just kidding. ;lol

Reactions: boo boo
Ya, that one definitely sucks, no doubt about it ;)

I have one and love it..
Only down side to if for me is the hose is only 4 ft long..
They sell a 10 ft hose for 30 bucks on HD and Amazon.

Its got great suction and all metal.

Fleet farm was offering them for less online as others had started a thread couple weeks ago. I screwed up and failed to get one locally.:(

Fleet farm was offering them for less online as others had started a thread couple weeks ago. I screwed up and failed to get one locally.:(

Yea I know. By the time I saw the post they were and still are out of stock.

Is that the little green one that fleet farm sold? is so I highly recommend it. I got one and it is awesome. has really good suction.

I have it and it works great. The filter however came with some stitching missing, I emailed the company and they sent me a new one.. still using he old one but it will wear out quicker with some of the stitching missing. Never smelled any campfire smokey output from it.

Works great for me!

If there was a handle to carry this vac one handed it would be perfect. Works great.

If there was a handle to carry this vac one handed it would be perfect. Works great.

What do ou mean? there is a handle
And the little holes above each wheel allows the hoses and attachments to be held on vacuum.

Attachments

• 2013-12-01_11-26-16_182.jpg
    2013-12-01_11-26-16_182.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Back on sale at Fleet Farm for 59.99

The hose is too short only complaint.........

there is a 10Ft available for 30 bucks..from home depot or Amazon.com

I got one based on the recommendations on this site and really am very happy with the unit. I have a lot of attachments from some other vacs that fit the Power Smith just fine. I didn't find a need for a hose extender and for the $59 on Fleet Farm, this was too good of a deal to pass up! Grab one. Thumbs up! Takes up a very small footprint and I way better than dragging my 14 gallon Rigid in and out of the garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.