Power usage atrecord highs.... but not mine :)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

prtp3warrior

Nov 4, 2008
East TN
I installed a stove on Dec. 26. In January my power bill dropped 35% from December and 60% from January last year. Thanks you guys for your advise and help. I am hooked on wood burning.

Sorry, I forgot to post the local newspaper article that makes that post relevant.
Here is an excerpt.

Electrical usage records close to record highs are still being recorded by Cleveland Utilities and Volunteer Energy Cooperative as customers ward off the cold weather lingering in Tennessee.

Volunteer Energy Vice President of Marketing and Economic Development Patty Hurley said customers have set several peaks at substations in nine service areas during January and February.

Cleveland Utilities customers set a new peak Jan. 16 at 8:15 a.m. On that morning, power consumption reached 233.23 megawatts to keep warm against the 9 degree temperature. The 10 mph wind made it feel like it was about 5 degrees below zero.

Maybe they need an ice storm to cut the power useage! lol

Yes, having the wood stove has many, many benefits. I can't imagine being without one.

Status
Not open for further replies.