Powerhouse Pellets hearsay review, same as Great American Pellets aka Keystone Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alternative Guy

Dec 21, 2010
Eastern PA
I was at my stove dealer today asking questions about pellet stoves. She said:

"I started using a pellet called Powerhouse a few weeks ago, which is being made at a new plant in Aquashicola PA, outside Palmerton."

She said she has burned 4 bags, and she likes them very much. Less ash than she is used to with Lignetics. She said that she notices more fines when she loads the stove, but it doesn't bother her very much. She cleans her stove about once every four days, whereas she usually does more often.

She bought them at People's lumber in Stockertown. I called, and they said the manufacturer is indeed GAP. They only sell by the bag, $5.20.

Note that someone else bought pellets made at this plant from Cozy Barn in Wind Gap, but I don't believe it was under the same brand name. And I think it was cheaper. People's isn't known generally as being real cost competitive.

Hey Alt Guy, Interesting it's a marketing concept I just googled Powerhouse pellet and they have a web site Powerhouse.com different address& phone # but it's the same place. Well I'm glad that she likes them because I like the GAP's and @$4.00 a bag I like them even more Peoples Lumber is also a dealer for Bare Foots. Thanks for the info.

No problem - trying to spread the word in case someone sees Powerhouse and wonders what it is.

Obviously a marketing thing of some sort. What did the packaging from Cozy Barn say?

If you go to GAP's web site you can see the bag with all the specks, the powerhouse web site not many details.

OK Will. I didn't want to assume. Seen that one several times on their website. So your bags say "Great American Pellets".

The Powerhouse bag as I recall (she had them in her car) is mostly black on the front, with "Powerhouse" in large white lettering, and some orange flames.

The first reports are good - I hope it keeps going that way.

Yes my bags say Great American and look like burlap seed bags and the powerhouse bags with all black & flames is the marketing part the powerhouse is the more "sexy looking" for a lack of a better term. Eye catching packaging works, I bought a fair amount of my pellets at Lowe's and several times there were 2 or 3 different brands all same price I bought on bag appeal I'm sure I'm not the only one. Bottom line is I like these pellets and plan on buying more. Thanks for spreading the word , your original post about Great American got me to try them. Keep up the good work and thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.