Powerhouse pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thepaulmc

Jan 2, 2012
Pocono Mountains, PA
Has anyone burned Powerhouse pellets? Anygood? I have a ton of stovechow and looking for another ton of something better..

I have 2 tons of Power House, they burn well in both my Quad and Harman. They are the same as Great American Pellets. They are a good pellet for the price, I plan on buying them again. Plus they are a local company for us here in Eastern PA.

Reactions: will711
+1 on this no need to say more

I've put about 15 bags through my stove and other than Barefoots, they are the best performing pellet my stove has seen to date.
The Binghamton, NY Agway has them for $215 a ton, going to snag 2 more tons as soon as the car stops eating money in repairs.

I have burned both Power House and Great American. Both burned very good and I will buy them again.
Well that right there says a lot about the pellets. If Jay says they are good, they are good.

Reactions: The Ds
I just picked up a ton for $200. Germansville, PA. (close to where 309 and 100 meet). The guy has them listed on craigslist Lehigh Valley. I have not burned them yet. He also has a trailer that he will load for you and let you borrow for an afternoon if you buy at least 2 tons.

Well that right there says a lot about the pellets. If Jay says they are good, they are good.

Well, That's a lot of pressure. I must add the "try before you buy" JIC. They aren't Barefoots or Hamers(Nor do they cost as much). They do well compared to other pellets in their price range.

Well, That's a lot of pressure. I must add the "try before you buy" JIC. They aren't Barefoots or Hamers(Nor do they cost as much). They do well compared to other pellets in their price range.
No pressure, I just appreciate all the time you put into testing pellets for us and know you always give an honest opinion of their performance. I always check your postings before purchasing a new brand. However I agree that all stoves and set ups are different and therefore it is best to buy a couple bags and try before buying tons.

I just picked up a ton for $200. Germansville, PA. (close to where 309 and 100 meet). The guy has them listed on craigslist Lehigh Valley. I have not burned them yet. He also has a trailer that he will load for you and let you borrow for an afternoon if you buy at least 2 tons.
I have seen his post on craigslist... he posts EVERYDAY in multiple catagories! How many tons is he sitting on ? It seems a little desperate

He said he bought four tractor trailer loads. 24 tons per load, I think. He has a barn where he stores them. He pointed to about 12 tons and said that it will be gone by the end of the week. So what do you think the price for ton is on a tractor trailer? My guess is around $150? Nice little side job for him.

i like them also. a little ashy but for 199.00 a ton i wont complain.

OK, I can get Hamers for 280, are they really that much better for the price?

For me they aren't., don't get me wrong Hamers are a great pellet have them in my stash, but the price has really gone up . The Great Americans keep my home just as warm and I got an extra $80.00 for something else like beer.:)

The Great Americans keep my home just as warm and I got an extra $80.00 for something else like beer.:)

That's the beauty of a Harman. You can buy more beer.:)

Reactions: will711
I just saw he now has them listed at $215

Power House

I just bought 2 tons Of Powerhouse pellet form the guy in germansville. He has a nice side business. I will be buying more from him. I never burned powerhouse before so he gave me 2 bags for free to try. well i wen t back and bought more. they burn hot but i find myself cleaning my stove a little more. i am fine with that. the guy that loaded me does it on the side and is very nice. he loaded his trailer and let me take it. he has a special going on right now on craigslist of 2 bags of pellets for 3 dollars to try them. that why i went and he gave them for free to me. like i said he is a pleasant person to work with not some large box store that doesn't give a dam. i support the local guy!!!! i got the pellet for 215 a ton and used his trailer took them home and brought the trailer back later. smart kid he keeps his cost low with free advertisement and persistence. combined with how he treats people he will go far. i recommend him to others. the pellets didn't sell me he did

I burned some last yr. and I thought they were pretty good. Some of the pellets were long and I had to turn stove up a notch to allow for that, but OK heat for the price.

Schoondog

Status
Not open for further replies.