PowerSharpener Chain Sharpener

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katwillny

Has anyone used one of these devices? May spring up and buy it, the HD has it for $60

I do not have one; but I had thought about getting one because I don't like to sharpen my own chains. I decided against it because not only do you have to get their sharpener, but you also have to get their proprietary bar and chains.

Reactions: MasterMech
I tried it out and returned it ! They are good in concept however once the tooth wears down about half way they are all but usless. It does not take long to wear it down either as the teeth a fairly small. The other issues the grabbing mine would grab occasionally which should not happen on 46cc saw plenty of power there. I do not like the fact that your locked into a specific bar and chain either. It was a disappointing experiment over all.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.