Powersmith Ash Vac

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jim2074

Feb 21, 2014
Eagle River,WI
Is anyone having problems with the Powersmith ash vac? overheating. Mine has done it a couple of times now and I have to wait at least 30 to 45 minutes to use again.

Not yet but after this AM I can see how it might happen. I've only used it 3 times but noticed when I shut it down it was really hot this time. Have you looked to see if your filter is OK?

- Jeff

Not yet but after this AM I can see how it might happen. I've only used it 3 times but noticed when I shut it down it was really hot this time. Have you looked to see if your filter is OK?

- Jeff
Solved the problem. Was not overheated this time. Took motor off and found one of the motor connectors had come loose. Put back on and crimped tight. Back in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.