Prada Playing Around Again lol

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prada

Nov 8, 2008
Ohio
I just had to play around with this photo of my kitty napping in front of the fire.
I mean can a cat combust? lol
:bug:

HeroNapping-2.gif

A friend of mine had an old Siamese, now gone, who would sit pretty close to the front of the ceramic space heater while it was blowing out 1500W. I've seen proof positive that cats do not combust spontaneously. He'd get downright hot to the touch, yet never burst into flames. I think it helped his arthritis. She got another Siamese. The young guy makes due with the anemic 'warm' air blast from the heat pump. Lays in his bed and drapes his head over the floor grate.

A pillow and you have a done deal!

Yeah, animals always seem to love that radiant heat. My dog loves to lay on the brick hearth in front of the stove and will stay there til she starts panting, go cool off for awhile, then back to the hearth.

Yeah well I have to keep all those kettles on top the stove just because I worry that my cats are going to jump on top of it and end up a true (cat)astrophe! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.