Pre 1977 buck stove beginner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Free_Dude

Oct 7, 2016
Ogden Utah
So I installed an 8" chimney liner from my stove up my existing chimney I haven't sealed the cap yet cause I need to do a little masonry work on the chimney cap before doing so I seem to get a lot of dust and ash through out the living room while burning seems more than I should be burning just one night leaves a noticeable layer of dust/ash on the coffee table in the living room any ideas what my issue is? Before putting in the stove replaced with all new door seals glass and seals blower motor with seals it drafts great even without the chimney cap sealed just seems like excessive debris for one night of burning about 6 hrs

Shouldn't be and unless the blower had ash in it to start with. Are you turning off the blower before reloading?

I am not the only way to is to unplug it should I be before reloading it would that help? I have considered sealing above the liner adapter colar with sheet metal and silicone

No blower switch on the stove? There should be.

I think I would put a switch on the cord in that case. You don't want the blower sucking in fly ash when reloading or cleaning out ash.

I always turn it off to clean out the ash for sure maybe I'll try unplugging it while reloading the next night I burn see if that helps out it's plugged in right next to the burn pile anyway the motor shouldn't suck anything though with it being brand new and all new seals but I'm deff game to try having it off while reloading

Status
Not open for further replies.