pre-buy propane prices

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeromehdmc

Mar 1, 2009
Kansas City
I live near Kansas City and just a quote from our propane guy for this years pre-buy. the price is $1.90/gal., price last year was $1.69/gal. I was just wondering what others were paying. I wasn't sure what forum to post this in so I hope this one is good.

Thanks Larry

Parents had their 500 gallon tank filled at their acreage 3 weeks ago.Was down to 11% & the delivery guy topped it off at the usual 80%.I believe they paid $1.83/gallon if memory serves.

SlyFerret said:
Here in central Ohio, it's up around $2.90/gal. :(

-SF

Have not bought it in a couple years now. But we got a letter a few weeks ago, and it was almost $3.00/gal also. It was almost $2.50 2 yrs ago when we were "locked in" and got our Last fill..

Used to go through 3-4 tanks a year. Now its 1 fill every 3-4 years. Hah. Take that LP Man.

I pay 20.86 a yr to rent the tank. Almost 2 yrs now, and we have about 50% left in the tank. Only use it for cooking. Love it.

With a pe-buy minimum of 600 gals. I'm being offered a price of 2.19 this year. Up from 1.89 last. Heat the house with wood, wkshp with propane.

I paid 1.77 about a month ago, sounds like it was a good buy.

Price doesn't sound too bad. Thanks for the reply's.

Larry

DexterDay said:
SlyFerret said:
Here in central Ohio, it's up around $2.90/gal. :(

-SF

Have not bought it in a couple years now. But we got a letter a few weeks ago, and it was almost $3.00/gal also. It was almost $2.50 2 yrs ago when we were "locked in" and got our Last fill..

Used to go through 3-4 tanks a year. Now its 1 fill every 3-4 years. Hah. Take that LP Man.

I pay 20.86 a yr to rent the tank. Almost 2 yrs now, and we have about 50% left in the tank. Only use it for cooking. Love it.

I like your rental fee. Our 100 gallon tank is $65.00 per year for rental!! How big is your tank?

My tank is 120 Gallon. I usually use ~50 gallons per year. I think they delivered 46 gallons to me the other day.

As long as I get at least one fill per year, they don't charge me a rental fee. At least, they have yet to charge me a rental fee and I've had the tank for 2 years now.

-SF

Status
Not open for further replies.