Pre buy question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JRA

Feeling the Heat
Nov 24, 2014
north shore ma
I have the chance to get blazers at 299 per ton and 57 for delivery. I live on North Shore MA and just finished first year burning. Is this a good price for this area? Never burnt them before but tried a few bags of okie df and loved them but not enough to pay 360 per ton. Do blazers live up to the hype. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Is the $57 delivery fee static no matter how many tons you buy, or is it $57 per ton delivered?

I've never burned them before either but I've heard enough good reviews that I went and bought 3 tons back in mid-April. I paid $318 per ton but picked them up myself to avoid delivery fees.

Yes it's 57 flat charge no matter how many tons. The price per ton is 299 wo dilvery

I have the chance to get blazers at 299 per ton and 57 for delivery. I live on North Shore MA and just finished first year burning. Is this a good price for this area? Never burnt them before but tried a few bags of okie df and loved them but not enough to pay 360 per ton. Do blazers live up to the hype. Thoughts?
Where did you find them for that price?

Update. Just ordered 3 tons of blazer ( not easy blaze from sswp) at 299 per ton and 57 flat rate for delivery. Comes out to 318 per ton delivered. As to where I got them acton ma pellets r us. They are posted on their website as 339 however they are running an ad on Craigslist boston that lists their main store number and the pricing of 299. If you are planning to order reference that Craigslist ad when you call the main number to the store. The sale is only going on until Friday then back up to 339 per ton. Now on the hunt for a mediocre hardwood I will pick up myself at a box store for early burn season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack Morrissey
Interesting how they can sell them at $40/ton less than the normal advertised price.

Status
Not open for further replies.