PRE HEATING AUGER MOTOR???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gusser

Mar 27, 2008
Canada
WENT TO COTTAGE LAST WEEK . LIT UP HANDFUL OF PELLETS THEN TURNED ON BLOWER WHICH WORKED FINE . PROBLEM I HAD WAS THA THE AUGER WOULD NOT TURN DUE TO COLD TEMP IN COTTAGE (10 DEGREES). I HAD TO KEEP ADDING PELLETS BY HAND AND ALSO USED TWO RADIANT HEATERS AIMED AT STOVE TO TRY AND WARM UP AUGER MOTOR. AFTER AN HOUR IT FINALLY STARTED TO TURN AND DROP PELLETS. I WAS WORRIED WHEN I TRYED THE AUGER AND IT WOULD NOT TURN THAT I MIGHT BE DOING DAMAGE TO AUGER MOTOR. ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO WHAT I COULD WHEN ARRIVING AT COTTAGE TO HELP ME SPEED UP THE WARMING OF AUGER MOTOR? ALSO AM I DOING ANY HARM TO MOTOR WHEN I TURN IT ON FOR 10 SECONDS TO SEE IF IT WILL TURN THE AUGER?

Move South? Bring Molson's when you come.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.