Pre-installation question. Boiler low temp shut down.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gasifier

Minister of Fire
Apr 25, 2011
St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
What do the owners of the Wood Guns (or other Gasser) do about shutting their boiler off if you do not have the low temp. shut down option? How does the low temp shut down work? An aquastat? If you have a way to shut down at low water temp, how does it allow the furnace fan to turn on in the first place and get started when the temp is low if you are just starting the fire from the beginning or when you have let it go out?

Now is the time for me to have my boiler guys wire something up. If a few of you could try to explain a solution and I could relay to my guys, I would appreciate it very much. Keep in mind that I am boiler/mechanical/electrical knowledge and experience deficient. My guys will be finishing my install tomorrow. Hopefully I will be having my first fire in her Saturday and/or Sunday night and start drying out the ceramics.

Thanks in advance for your time.

An aquastat with a mechanical timer that allows you to bypass the aquastat while the fire gets going should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.