"Pre-insulated" chimney liners?!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brenndatomu

Minister of Fire
Aug 21, 2013
NE Ohio
In doing some research for a chimney liner for my new stove install, I came across this...
5mg-06ifdcs035-xlg.jpg

Magna-flex Insulflex, I have never seen a product like this before, and I thought, hmm, I don't need this, but it may be just the ticket for someone that has a tight flue to work the liner down through. Especially so if you have broken flue tiles or a lot of sharp edges or mortar joints that would tear up a standard insulated liner on the way in. Listed as zero clearance too.
I did a search here on Hearth.com and found that although this product has been mentioned before, it's been a couple years, so I thought I would bring it to all the new guys attention.

Have it. Good stuff, IMO. About the same price as buying a liner and an insulation kit separately, but you don't have to mess around with glueing the insulation to the liner. There was some debate on here about the zero-clearance rating. . .dunno what the status of that is now, but it's not a requirement with my 12 x 12" chimney.

http://stores.ebay.com/theheatelement

Last edited:
It's a good solution for simplifying the installation of inserts even if the chimney is larger. I also like M&G DuraLiner which is also factory pre-insulated and has a beefy .016 inner liner thickness, because they provide a whole system for just about any circumstance. This includes oval or round, rigid or flex, tees, etc. and the transition pieces to make it all work together.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.