Pre-Season Cleaning caused a problem with the "Fines Box" Harman P series

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin

Oct 2, 2016
New Jersey
harman fines plate.JPG
Its raining here in NJ and I thought I would get a jump on pre-winter activities. Started out cleaning the flue (check), clean top ribs (check), clean burner pot (check), clean Fines (problem, problemo,
problème, 问题, tatizo).
I made the mistake of touching the plate at the top of the "fines" box (after front winged-nut cover was off). It moved and came off it's track. I can't seem to fine the correct way to slide it back into place so I can put the face-cover back on and tighten with wing nut.
If anyone has already posted this, I apologize for not looking hard enough....I am covered with ash, soot and egg ("egg on my face") since I boasted to my wife..."this will only take a 1/2 hour and then I'll help you move plants in the house"

It's a Harman P series (16 years old).

Last edited:
View attachment 184917 Its raining here in NJ and I thought I would get a jump on pre-winter activities. Started out cleaning the flue (check), clean top ribs (check), clean burner pot (check), clean Fines (problem, problemo,
problème, 问题, tatizo).
I made the mistake of touching the plate at the top of the "fines" box (after front winged-nut cover was off). It moved and came off it's track. I can't seem to fine the correct way to slide it back into place so I can put the face-cover back on and tighten with wing nut.
If anyone has already posted this, I apologize for not looking hard enough....I am covered with ash, soot and egg ("egg on my face") since I boasted to my wife..."this will only take a 1/2 hour and then I'll help you move plants in the house"

It's a Harman P series (16 years old).
******************************************************************************************************************************* S O L V E D **************************************************
I removed all pellets from the hopper and vacuumed the drop point at bottom of hopper where it feeds the auger area and viola......the plate slid back without an issue. Face plate is on and wingnut tightened. The pellets were blocking the horizontal return of the plate. Looking back, it should have been obvious....it always is when "looking back". Hope this may help someone in the future.

Reactions: railfanron
Status
Not open for further replies.