Prefabricated Chimney Choice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack22

Mar 10, 2011
Warren County, New Jersey
Hi Everyone. I am brand new to this forum and want to start of by saying that this is a great sight with lots of good information. I have been reading through posts on this forum for about a month and finally joined today. I have never owned a wood stove but I would like to buy one. My top choice right now is the Woodstock Fireview. I am going to see if I can post a picture of my floor plan to see if anyone wants to comment on my stove selection being that I do not have a real open floor plan. But my first question is about Prefabricated Chimneys. Does anyone have a recommendation as to what brand to go with? Stainless or galvanized? Also does anyone know of any good installers in the New Jersey area? Thanks for any input.

Galvanized/stainless?

For some more responses, post a couple pictures of the room, with a description where you want to put the stove/insert. Exterior pic of where the chimney will exit the home. New hearth vs existing --- fireplace ? etc.

I believe galvanized inside if you wish to paint the pipe, stainless outside the home for rust resistance. Which is what we did, pictures in signature link.

I've been really happy with my Excel ICC.

firefighterjake said:
I've been really happy with my Excel ICC.

Ill second that. Excel has the highest rating. 3 30 minute chimney fires at 2100 degrees. Most others are only 10 minute durations. Check out there website and see if there is a dealer in your area. I wouldnt be so concerened about what is the cheapest if it where me... not on something like a chimney system.

Status
Not open for further replies.