Premium Blazer Burns Best! ~ Also annual is done.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyMoe

Minister of Fire
Aug 2, 2012
Fairbanks, Alaska.
photo (3).JPG

4 tons of Blazers just in, have 3 tons of mixed hotshots/blazers/superior from early stockpiling. Not running out this year.

Likewise, did my annual maintenance, first flue sweep, used a lint-eater, worked great.

Tried something new. Used a board on top of the stove, and wacked it with a hammer a few good times, most the dust fell off the inside of the stove. I had the stove on MANUAL with the door open, so the exhaust was running.

Even after 6 tons from last year, I'm sure I could have burned this year without flue sweep (based on observation), but better now than -40.

I didn't install a cleanout tee because I didn't want to deal with tee / install is close to wall. I swept down from outside to the bottom stove 90*, then swept up a bit from inside the stove, while my vacuum hose was inside the stove exhaust. (It's a 1inch hose, goes through Harman exhaust into the flue, like wise the lint eater slides right by the ESP) Worked well.

Emptied fine box, cleaned checked fans, and dusted inside with brush / metal sweep brush in a drill.

Good to go.

stoves clean.jpg image_4.jpeg

Good piece of advice with the hammer and board trick!

Tom C.

Status
Not open for further replies.