premium wood co, pellets from PA?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mminton

Jan 12, 2012
Eastern Shore MD
Right now I am using premium wood co pellets they are made in PA st c & c smith lumber. Has any one on here used them? I have almost out of them. My locl tractor supply has old dominion pellets and some other bbrand I bbelieve the bag is red white and blue. I am wondering if the old dominion pellets are just as good as the premium wood pellets?

I use Wood Pellet Co. pellets and they work well. Although my last ton wasn't quite as good as the others. The heat was fine, but there was a lot of ash.

I never used Old Dominion pellets, but I would buy a couple bags and try them out to see if your stove likes them.

I burn them and am happy with them. I bought 3 tons. First few bags were really ashy and had alot of fines. Made me want to go with something else. But, dealer didn't have anything else. So I got my whole 3 tons and the rest have been fine.

I bought a few bags of Green Supreme and they don't burn as hot as the C&C's, more ash too.

Status
Not open for further replies.