Premium wood pellet fuel from American wood fibers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleetussnow

Oct 3, 2012
Westchester, ny
Saw these red white and blue bags at hd today, and they just said premium wood pellet fuel, but at the bottom of the bag it says American wood fibers. Grabbed 6 to test.

Are these the same as awf premium i wonder? If so they were 209 a ton...good price.

I open the bag and appar to be small light colored pellet like cubes or lightening. Will see ow they burn.

I haven't burned any AWF for about 3 years, but back then, they were a pretty decent pellet.

Test burn a few bags first, as always.

Yeah. They changed the bag design for Hardwoods and kept the old bag design (or abouts) for Softwoods this yr.

Good pellet this year. Good in years past, but better this yr. IMO

Yeah. They changed the bag design for Hardwoods and kept the old bag design (or abouts) for Softwoods this yr.

Good pellet this year. Good in years past, but better this yr. IMO

Wait a second...I just saw some AWF at TSC this weekend, and saw the old bag, but wrote those off to being last years stock. $&#*$*(()#)@ !!! Now I need to go back and check them out again.

Wait a second...I just saw some AWF at TSC this weekend, and saw the old bag, but wrote those off to being last years stock. $&#*$*(()#)@ !!! Now I need to go back and check them out again.

Not a lot of burners around us :(

And not a lot of Softwoods around us (see above) :(

Prob is last years old stock..... But definitely check.. If they are the new Softies, i wanna try some.

The TSC in Pine Bush, NY just got a delivery of these. Thinking of getting some to handle the shoulder season. What do you think?

The TSC in Pine Bush, NY just got a delivery of these. Thinking of getting some to handle the shoulder season. What do you think?

They worked great for me, even whenit was cold. I like this pellet as much as the stove chow i have been burning.

What is the price? I didn't see it reported in the Fuel Price Report.

I just brought 15 bags of these in Harrisburg Pa TSC. 4.69 a bag. It seems my Herman burns any pellet the same way. There was one or two brands that really sucked this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.