"Premium Wood Pellet" - Tractor Supply

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wilburg

Oct 20, 2010
Western Mass
Has anyone heard of this brand "premium wood pellet" - so called Maine pellets sold by tractor supply? If so, any word on how they burn?

Right now they are $209 + a 10% off coupon...

I could also go to the local Home Depot and get the same deal

Got a bag yesterday from TSC to test, green picture of a forest, says Premuim Pellets from Bolivar Mo

This season I have MWP and La Crete's. I was burning the MWP at the start of the season, but once it gets cold I burn the La Crete's.
I find the MWPs ashy and not the best heat output. For the price I keep about a ton of MWPs on hand for the warmer days.

MWP are ok at best. Nothing to write home about.

That's all I burned last year. And so far this year too. Almost done with them though and will be moving onto the mwp softies next. My stove hasn't had a problem with them. Yes they are a little ashy but with the size of the ash bin in my p61a, I can still go many weeks without having to empty it.

Status
Not open for further replies.