preparing to close stove for season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brad wilton

Feeling the Heat
Oct 13, 2014
quebec
hi guys just wondering if anybody has steps in closing stove for season.with other stove just cleaned it and stopped burning worked okay, maybe nothing at all just checking

Clean the flue system, clean out the ash if you have humid summers, vacuum on top of the baffle.

Not close to shutting down anytime soon. I always plan on cleaning it at the end of the season, but never got to doing it. Maybe this year. I really would like to put a net over the cap, as I get blue birds down the chimney.

Blue birds down the chimney. How nice. Do they nest in the firebox, so you can watch them? An alternate to the winter flame show....

Brad, I know why you are going there already. The last few days I've only burned two small shoulder season fires a day. With the warm sun and milder temps, it has been enough. Lots of cold nights still, but Spring is coming....

Single digits tomorrow and Friday night, but after that sugaring season is here for sure. Sunny and in the 40's! It will feel like the Bahamas.

Status
Not open for further replies.