Pres-to-logs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyd

Feeling the Heat
Aug 8, 2008
Hughesville Md
Been burning pres to logs this winter and have had no complaints . Light brown in color and a bit on the chalky looking side and a bit dusty but did the job with no issues. Today I picked some up from the same Lowes and the first and only bag I opened, the pellets were a chocolate color and looked polished. Smooth like a sheet of hard board. They seem to have less fines and the pellets are much cleaner looking. Has anyone had a experience with the same product.

All of my Presto Logs are some of the Darkest pellets I have ever seen.

Here is a Scoop thrown on top of some Rocky Mountain Softwoods. Much darker pellet.

I bought these over 2 yrs ago though. So I this yrs product, I have no idea.

2013-03-09_18-51-32_821.jpg

Hot??, they tested in the low temp side few years ago....remember?

My 2 yr old batch, is damn near on par with Somersets. I still have about 2 ton left, of the 5 ton I bought. And I have been saving them for that reason. They are not the cleanest (dusty), but they smell good and they are HOT!!

Hot??, they tested in the low temp side few years ago....remember?

Yep, But they changed something I guess. I went to HD for FSU, But they only had PTL's. I tried a few for giggles cause others said they like them. They are more like liggies green label. Still a fair amount of ash though, But I'll take the heat for the dollar spent.

I have been saying it for a few months now, Just finally waking up from your hibernation? ::-) :p :eek:

Reactions: slvrblkk
Yes Dex. Thats what Im talking about. Been using them all yr and its the first time they were that dark and polished. Looking at the bag they have three addresses: Legs of Glenville wv, legs of Idaho Sandpoint ID and ligs of Kenbridge,Va . Someone is making some darkies that I likes., like. Thanks guys.

I burned a couple bags of them and I loved them. Went to get a ton, and there gone at all the local box stores:(

Need to see some heat numbers!, Bloomfield Ct HD sell's them near me, so these are the sleeper pellet of the box stores low price?

Been buying them 10 bags at a time @$4.30 per at my local Lowes. Not bad for bag price. Never bought the two tons I normally purchase because of the price. Standing with my back to the stove and heels against the hearth. If the heat burns through my clothes and its so hot my skin itches , its a good pellet. They do.

got thru all winter with these with the exception of 6 bags of Barefoots

Need to see some heat numbers!, Bloomfield Ct HD sell's them near me, so these are the sleeper pellet of the box stores low price?

My heat number were over 255::F(on average) on my usual medium heat setting of 3-3........ Best to try them in your stove, as YMMV.

Ash content was a bit over 0.6%. Similar to the green ligs, But still in premium specs.

My heat number were over 255::F(on average) on my usual medium heat setting of 3-3........ Best to try them in your stove, as YMMV.

Ash content was a bit over 0.6%. Similar to the green ligs, But still in premium specs.

Would you mind putting these in order then?
1. Green Teams (my shoulder pellet past 2 years)
2. Prest-to-logs
3. Stove Chow

Been using Hamers for the deep cold days, and they haven't disappointed.

Would you mind putting these in order then?
1. Green Teams (my shoulder pellet past 2 years)
2. Prest-to-logs
3. Stove Chow

Been using Hamers for the deep cold days, and they haven't disappointed.

In my stove

1. Prest-to-logs 255 ::F @ 3.52 LBS/HR
2. Green Teams 248 ::F @ 3.47 LBS/HR
3. Stove Chow 244 ::F @ 3.39 LBS/HR

But I'd still go with what your stove tells ya. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.