Pressurized OWBs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Therm make pressurized boilers. I had one for 13 years until I thought I needed a gassifier, so far bad move. Aquatherm is a good solid unit.

Don't know of another competitor, but I've got a dairy farmer that has a royal, and burns about 50 to 70 cord a year. He seems to like it. He's heating his house, indoor pool, radiant heat in the pool room, 35x45 garage and the dhw for the farm. Go figure...no creosote problem. :) Had it about 4 yrs

I have been looking at all the options both inside boilers and outside. Today I looked at central boiler. They make one but its 220000 BTU. Too big for what I need ,and the price 11k.

Royall (which I think is a different company than American Royal, but I believe there is some connection, as the designs look the same) makes a pressurized OWB, I believe. They're in Elroy, Wisconsin. I had one of their indoor units (bought used at 30 years old and used for two seasons) and they're built like tanks.

flyingcow said:
Don't know of another competitor, but I've got a dairy farmer that has a royal, and burns about 50 to 70 cord a year. He seems to like it.

50 to 70 cord a year?!?!?!? When does he have time to milk???

WOW, that's a lot of wood...

Status
Not open for further replies.