Prest-o Log Pellets...would you buy them?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lightyear

Hearth Supporter
Dec 24, 2010
Maryland
Short story...I "bought" Stove chow pellets-3 tons worth. I had them delivered and when I came home they were prest-o Log Pellets.

I paid $209 for them each plus shipping of $75

My other option is $229 for Power Pellets which I need to load one ton at a time.

Help me out. I just want to Know if they are crap or worth keeping-I am on the phone now trying to figure something out with HD

I used stove chow my first season. I ran out and picked up a half a ton of press 2 logs. For me the burned just as hot, but with slightly more ash.

I have burned Stove Chow and they are a decent pellet. I have not heard too many good reports on the pres-to-logs. In my opinion, if I paid for Chow I would expect to receive Chow. I would make them come back for them and deliver the right ones at their cost.

I've burned both, I liked the Presto Logs much better in my stove. They were a lot hotter for me. Again, every stove is different. I've heard the ashy complaint about the Prestos before, but I have a multifueler so ash isn't much of an issue for me. The Prestos were my main pellet last winter, and I was happy with them.

DexterDay-a veteran here on the forum,currently has multiple tons of pres-to-logs in his stash....He did get a good deal--I think he paid 177.00 a ton.....But if you P.M. him he will tell you that he likes em,too......My local Lowes has 'em and i am gonna get a few bags to try.......

I would take the prestos over stove chow any day

I'm waiting to seet the Presto's here in NE PA, they are my favorite, next in line is the Stove chow.

John

Burn 2 tons of Presto last season.No problems and good heat.Decent pellet for the price, I would purchase
again.

Short story...I "bought" Stove chow pellets-3 tons worth. I had them delivered and when I came home they were prest-o Log Pellets.

Help me out. I just want to Know if they are crap or worth keeping-I am on the phone now trying to figure something out with HD

Presto-Logs are made by Lignetics.....a good solid shoulder season pellet, and should burn in your Harman no problem.

DexterDay-a veteran here on the forum,currently has multiple tons of pres-to-logs in his stash....He did get a good deal--I think he paid 177.00 a ton.....But if you P.M. him he will tell you that he likes em,too......My local Lowes has 'em and i am gonna get a few bags to try.......

Yep. I like them. A tad hotter than the Green Label ligs, but a little ashier. I'll take the heat and deal with the Ash :)

Never burned chow, but as for heat. The Presto Logs are a hotter pellet than a lot of others I have burned. Blows American Wood Fibers and Easy Heats out of the water! Somersets and Pro Pellets still have an edge on heat.

I bought 5 ton a couple years ago for $177/ton. Still have half left! :)

Maybe you can get a discount for the mess up? I would keep the Prestos, but see about a coupon, or next time purchase discount, free delivery on next purchase? Worth a shot :)

Thanks for your input all. I decided to keep them, and stacked them up. Dexter-I do plan on contacting them about some type of discount...hopefully I will get it. If it was Lowe's I would get it, their customer service is great!

Thanks again.

Are the Prestos hardwood? Soft? Blend?

My local HD has them at $209 too and I was thinking a ton for the shoulders might be nice to go with my leftover ton of Turman/Barefoot. Especially at $209 locally where I can haul them in the SUV vs. $290 plus delivery for more Turman/Barefoot.

Thanks Dex!

This years might be all hardwood? They dropped the conifer from the Lignetics bags.
Website still lists the softwood only version, which I got a ton of 3 yrs ago at Tractor Supply, but haven't seen them around here since. They burned very nicely in the Astoria.

Status
Not open for further replies.