Presto Log Believer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NIELs were the original Presto Log. They sold the name. The current product called Presto Log does not compare. To confuse matters worse there is the HomeFire product called Prest Log that is also an excellent product. The Prest Log is also very dense and high btu, but not quite as dense as NIELs.
That's good info BG, I was actually thinking of Prest Logs that are a tad smaller, I thought they were similar to NEIL's in density but I never tried them so was going to stick with NEIL's even though the Prest Logs were a bit cheaper. These are the ones sold in my area.

http://www.hearthwise.com/page/page/506663.htm

I would only do that with a cold start fire, not putting them on hot coals. With a cold startup they burned vigorously once the fire got going, but not into overfire territory. This was in a 1.7 cu ft fire box. I need to get a fresh batch and try them again in the T6.
I would be happy to send some over or you may stop by if passing through Mukilteo. PM your address and they are on the way.
Thomas
Just be sure to use a Super Cedar to start them:)

Reactions: Jags
Status
Not open for further replies.