Presto Log Pellets by Lignetics?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Panhandler

Minister of Fire
Aug 24, 2008
WV Northern Panhandle
I remember hearing this product mentioned on this forum. The local Lowes has them at $4.78 per bag and I believe the lady said there was some discount for 50-90 bags. This price is about a dollar a bag cheaper than their last years price, and those were the bad Penningtons from the season before last. Anyone have experience with this brand? The Lignetics name has me wondering if this may be a decent deal

Panhandler said:
I remember hearing this product mentioned on this forum. The local Lowes has them at $4.78 per bag and I believe the lady said there was some discount for 50-90 bags. This price is about a dollar a bag cheaper than their last years price, and those were the bad Penningtons from the season before last. Anyone have experience with this brand? The Lignetics name has me wondering if this may be a decent deal

IMO, if you can get the Lignetics presto logs for $239/ton (or maybe even cheaper with the volume discount), I'd give them a try. Unless someone on here knows for a fact that they are somehow different than the regular Lignetics pellets, I'd tend to think they would be a good pellet.

I am curious to know if the Presto Log's are hardwood, soft, or maybe a combo?

macman said:
Panhandler said:

IMO, if you can get the Lignetics presto logs for $239/ton (or maybe even cheaper with the volume discount), I'd give them a try. Unless someone on here knows for a fact that they are somehow different than the regular Lignetics pellets, I'd tend to think they would be a good pellet.

I am curious to know if the Presto Log's are hardwood, soft, or maybe a combo?

I think I read (or got the impression) from a search of the forum that these are softwood (orange bag). My main concern with softwoods is the amount of "fluffy" ash I get. Burned some Rocky Mts last season and didn't like the amount or consistency (sp?) of the ash.

Panhandler said:
[......I am curious to know if the Presto Log's are hardwood, soft, or maybe a combo?]

I think I read (or got the impression) from a search of the forum that these are softwood (orange bag). My main concern with softwoods is the amount of "fluffy" ash I get. Burned some Rocky Mts last season and didn't like the amount or consistency (sp?) of the ash.

The lettering color only refers to the "Lignetics" bagged pellets ....Green lettering = Hardwood, Orange = softwood. The Presto Logs only come bagged in one color bag, as far as I know, so that's why I was wondering what they were comprised of.

macman said:
Panhandler said:
[......I am curious to know if the Presto Log's are hardwood, soft, or maybe a combo?

The lettering color only refers to the "Lignetics" bagged pellets ....Green lettering = Hardwood, Orange = softwood. The Presto Logs only come bagged in one color bag, as far as I know, so that's why I was wondering what they were comprised of.[/quote]

I'll check the bag next trip to Lowes.Already been there twice today, lotta projects going on now. This change in the weather has me thinking of cold weather, even tho technically it's still August. Hard to argue with this no AC, no heat needed weather.

I've tried these Presto Log Pellets last year. I picked up 6 bags from a Lowes in Pennsylvania. I was not impressed at all. Given the price though, they are a real good buy. I am not sure if they are the same quality of Lignetics, even though the the bag indicated manufactured by Lignetics. On the Forum it is hard to find a complaint on Lignetics so that makes me wonder if these are the same quality as the rest of the Lignetic pellets on the market. Overall HIGH ash and middle of the road heat output.

Status
Not open for further replies.